Thread: Diesel motor for a 25 CC

Default Diesel motor for a 25 CC

I am looking for a Diesel motor for a 25 CC if anyone know of one or any mechanics on here have one for sell. From the homework I have been doing it looks like the current motor I have is a 8.1L Crusader gas motor. I think this is a 375 HP motor and I assume switching to diesel I could get away with a 350HP motor since the torque and power would be there.
    Anyways the more info I have the better so I can make a decision on what I would like to do.
    Anybody that know of a diesel motor for sale please DM me the info or tag this Thread
    Thank you
    Jason
    email is jason@coastmotoring.com

Is this boat inboard or I/O setup? My 25 was I/O and ran great with the D4260 and the 1.85:1 DPH and G4 props. You don't need the high horsepower in a diesel as you have gobs more torque.

You need to be looking for a 315hp yanmar engine. They were the best setups in the 25'. They can be had from a vendor down in Florida for around 10k or so.
    03 28' KAMD300 Inboards
    USCG 500 Ton Master
    Master of Towing
    https://neverenoughsportfishingllc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse4x4 View Post
    You need to be looking for a 315hp yanmar engine. They were the best setups in the 25'. They can be had from a vendor down in Florida for around 10k or so.
    That is the route I would go then. The other I vaguely remember was a Yanmar 370, v8 maybe? but getting an outdrive to hold up to that would be tough. If it were me and I was in the area of Edenton I would look at having the factory convert it to straight shaft, cost was a little more than a new DPH outdrive. I'm glad I no longer have to worry about the $12K outdrive hanging back there anymore.

They won't do the conversion anymore since we they are merged with Albemarle. But the yanmar would be a relatively easy swap and the Volvo dp drive will hold up to it.
    03 28' KAMD300 Inboards
    USCG 500 Ton Master
    Master of Towing
    https://neverenoughsportfishingllc.com

I think yanmar makes an outdrive meant to work with the 370hp v8. I wonder what it would take to make it work with a jackshaft.

Thread Information