CC25 anchor pulpit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC25 anchor pulpit

Has anyone mounted one of those stainless anchor pulpits on the bow for a CC25. If so do you have any tips or pictures?
    thanks

Looks like no one will help you !!!! We had one on our first C.C.!
    It came from the factory this way, The only thing I did was to put a s.s. bolt in the back so it would not jump up & down when we moving!!!
    Take a look at the photos in the other forum & you will sea the new C.C. that we built !! This one has a windless & we built a platform , This works very well !!
    GOOD FISHIN __ NORM
    25' C.C.~~YANMAR /INBOARD !!!!!

Comment

I added one this season. Got the sea-line(?) roller from the factory. I went with the Lewmar v700 windlass as well. It was recommended by a dealership up my way. It was a pretty easy install overall. The only problem I have is with the anchor line jumping off the capstan/drive drum from time to time when I retrieve the anchor. THATS a pain when it happens.

Comment

Windlass Problems

Iam Having Problems With My New Windlass That Was Installed On My New 32. Every Time I Retrieve The Anchor The Rope Doesnt Want To Go Down Into The Its Storage Area It Gets Backed Up And Than Double Winds Itself In The Windlass And Gets Jammed. Has Anyone Had This Problem And If So What Did You Do To Resolve It???

Comment

Chuckabear-

I am guessing you have three strand anchor line? If so you should consider a change over to 8 plait line. Three strand doesn't "gravity" store very well and is subject to hackles, kinks and storage issues. Eight Plait will drop in smooth as butter. Another advantage of 8 plait is that you can store muchmore line (at least 1/3 more) in the locker.

Lewmar discusses the issue here: http://en.lewmar.com/products/index....=1&page_id=414
          NIGHTHAWK
          2001 CC 28
          Yanmar 300's

Comment

Yes We Have The Hot Set Up & The Bad Rope! Will Look For The Right Rope !!!
            We Have Had All The Trouble That All Of You Have Had , Thanks For The Info !!

Comment

Norm

I found the selection and price very good at Defender. Do your research on the model windlass requirement for type and size of chain and size of rope there are lot's of combinations. Watch out for the G4 and BBB chain differences some windlass gypsies require.

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|10391|32295&id=593390
              NIGHTHAWK
              2001 CC 28
              Yanmar 300's

Comment

windlass rope

patriot, thanks for the reply never thought that it would be the rope type.. will try thanks again chuckabear..... for all you football fans out there go patriots

Comment

Never did take an "after" picture. Maybe tomorrow....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Needs washed.........
                    I think what I'll do is add a starboard spacer between the windlass and the deck..... Should help on the bite angle of the windlass.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CC25; 01-12-2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I just replaced my lewmar 600 with the new 700 on my 28, I have the same roller as you do , but I mounted my windlass on a 1 1/2 inch starboard. The anchor rode is almost level with the anchor roller.
                      2004 28 VOLVO 300 DIESELS

Comment

What has been the brand and model of roller assys used on a 25 by most folks or the factory. I have a danforth type anchor. Several of the ones I have seen pictures of seem to be pretty short so I'm wondering how much stress they will take. Is there a plate usually used on the underside for extra strength.

Comment

CC25-

Give me a call before you block up the windlass: 617 910-7265

Mike
                          NIGHTHAWK
                          2001 CC 28
                          Yanmar 300's

Comment

Cc25 Anchor Pulpit

VERY GOOD JOB !!!!
                            THIS IS WHAT OUR CAROLINA LOOKS LIKE NOW..This was a lot of work , but we love her !!
                            Check out the LIVORIS GAGUES ,We are moving !!!!
                            Good fishin to all !!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks CC25 for the info & pics. That is exactly the info I was looking for with my original post!!
                              Last edited by crow's nest; 01-19-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X