Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken black starboard cockpit door frames

hello,

my two doors about shin/knee level at each seat and the overhead electronics box frame have all started to break at the corners where the screws go through them

they are made of what looks like black starboard or similar type material

has anyone else had this problem and/or fixed it? if so did you just try and replace the whole frame?

thanks

Fact of life

mine has been like that for 5 or 6 years w/ no appreciable harm. the tackle center facing around the doors also has the same cracks; again w/ no functional harm.

Comment

Same with mine

The corners of what I call my "ankle lockers", on either side - just outboard of the seats arrived new with cracked corners. I think the screws may have been over tightened at the factory. I bought replacement doors a while back (Keith gave me the vendor name) but they are white (black was no longer available) instead of black like my originals so I still have not replaced them. The cracks are not very noticeable.
      Steve on Reel Screamer
      2004 Carolina Classic 28

Comment

All of mine cracked at the screw point.
        2003 CC-28
        Bite Me
        Ocean City &
        Davidsonville Md

Comment

yeah, and ankle lockers have no functional harm, but the door around the electronics hatch above head level is ready to fall anytime when the door is open....either pretty crappy material or lack of pre drilling an appropriate hole

Comment

Some of mine cracked too. When I looked into getting them replaced I found out that black is no longer available so I just used some 5200 to sure them up.
            2003 28 Carolina Classic
            Twin 300 Volvo's

Comment

While we are on this thread...

Any of you guys notice very small glass fractures at the front corners of your overhead electronics box - right where the box meets the underside of the hard top??
              Steve on Reel Screamer
              2004 Carolina Classic 28

Comment

Working...
              X