Broken Port Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Port Seat

Had A Large Guy Lean Back And Broke The Double Seat On My 28cc I Have Seen The Up Grade Posted With Storage And Was Not Looking To Go That Way. Is Their A Better Fix Or A Better Seat?
    GO DEEP!!!!! TAKE A KID FISHING......

what part of the bench seat broke?

seat back brackets or posts?
    Steve on Reel Screamer
    2004 Carolina Classic 28

Comment

the seat back brackets inside the seat. I have snugged up all bolts and the back is going way back I think it broke inside the seat

Comment

Broken Seat

I had a similar problem on the passenger seat. When I took it apart, I found that the seat base, some sort of particle composite, that the back supports are bolted into, had crumbled. I called Pompanette and explained the situation. Apparently, this is not that uncommon as the customer service guy knew exactly what I was talking about. We came to a mutally agreeable price on the upgraded seat, "starboard" or similar base, and he shipped it to me. It is a much better product. I would rather not have had the problem, but felt that the resolution was fair....good luck

AGITATOR

Comment

thanks for the help I think it will be a winter project I have priced a new one on the web it was over $900 clams.

Comment

Broken Seat

Call Pompanette and talk to customer service. They sold me a new, much better seat, for a lot less than $900. They acknowledged "some liability" and gave me a very fair price. I am travelling and do not have access to my log, but it is worth the call....agitator

Comment

I Started To Take The Seat Apart It Was Verry Easy To Do. I Found That Every Thing Was Bolted To A 1"thick Plywood. The Wood Was Green Molded And The Nut's Were Pulling Through The Wood Was In(verry Bad Shape). I Went And Bought 3/4"starbord And Used As A Template Drilled Some Holes Placed In The Nuts Reseald The Foam And Restapled The Seat. Mutch Better Than New. Total Cost

52"x24" Starbord $210.00 3/4" White
              12-1/4x20nuts $ 5.88
              Stainless Steel Staples I Had With The Gun
              Cost$ 6.00

Total Cost $221.88

It Took Me 1.5 From Start To Finish

Next Time I Will Charge Extra For The Big Guy's Lol

Comment

Working...
              X