Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props

Being fairly new to the CC family, I was always trying to find out more about my boat and what makes it keep on ticking.
    Not really happy with the low end performance but had a terrific top end, I started checking out the props. I was running "6's" and talking with Mac he recommended "5's" for my 28. After talking with the other CC owners on the dock, found out the prices were high for a new set and I needed two sets. Started checking different places and the prices were all the same give or take $50.00. Some how I found this Gentlemen in WI or MI. His name is Mike and he runs a prop shop. More than eager to help he told me that he had a set at a very reasonable price, so I ordered two sets. What a difference! Asked him if I got his last set, he laughed and told me yes if I would buy all the others. Seems that a boat manufacture went out of business and Mike bought all the remaining Volvo props (several hundred). So if you need a new set of props or one repaired I would highly recommend Mike at 218-829-9168.

Tell him Horace in NC sent you.
    "Addison Leigh"
    1995 Carolina Classic 28'
    Wrightsville Beach, NC

Props

Do you have any old performance numbers to match your new numbers? I would love to know the difference. Also how much you paid for them. Thanks HArry

Comment

Good deal

Thanks capt. got two sets from Mike I had B6 went to B5 made a big differnce in the way the boat runs.Great deal and nice people to work with.
      98 CC28 T/ 230hp HPCR Iveco
      "Summer Nights"
      Forked River N.J.

Comment

Glad Mike was able to help you. I've never met him only phone calls.

Did the boat act differently, or was it my imagination?
        "Addison Leigh"
        Wrightsville Beach, NC

Comment

Not your imagination

No it seemed smoother ,I did not notice to much a loss in cruise either 1/2 knot maybe.When I take a long trip will see what the fuel useage is that will tell the story.
          "Summer Nights"
          Forked River N.J.

Comment

Props

Horace,
            I was wondering if you noticed any difference with the new props as far as making the steering any better at slow speeds?
            Thanks Harry

Comment

No Harry.

I still wants to track wherever it decides to go at low speeds (in marina). Trolling it's fine at 1200 rpms.
              "Addison Leigh"
              Wrightsville Beach, NC

Comment

No worse

It seems to be little worse doesnt handle well at slow speeds
                "Summer Nights"
                Forked River N.J.

Comment

Props

I was considering going with the B5s as well. Do you have gas or diesel? I called the factory and they recommended B6. I am in the process of having my bottom painted and valves adjusted on the diesels before I drop the cash for the new props. The past couple of trips the boat has been slow to plane and has not hit top RPMs - both of which I attributed to growth on the bottom. My problem is that with full load of fuel/ice/people etc I need to hit 3850. Maybe the B5s are the answer if this bottom job is not.
                  2001 28\' 230 Volvo Diesels

Comment

Would like a set of B6 Wheels

I have a 94cc25 with a 7.4 and B5's Plan to install a diesel some time next year. As the diesel will turn slower and make more torque I will have to move up the the wheel pitch.

Please contact me if you wish to sell a set of B6 or greater wheels.

Thanks,

Diesel

Comment

Post bottom paint update

what a difference.....3850 RPMs 30 Knots going against a 3 knot incoming tide...boats jumps out of the water. If anyone is having top end problems - check your bottom and drive -you would not believe the difference.
                      2001 28\' 230 Volvo Diesels

Comment

I know my boat bottom is causing poor performance. The boat was delivered new to me 5 years ago and I noticed the following year there was no primer coat. My only choice now is to pay for soda blasting, I guess?

What is your story with the bottom? What did you do?
                        Bullish
                        2002 28
                        Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X