Painting of Struts and rudders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting of Struts and rudders

I was wondering what is being used to paint the under water metals ie.. Struts, Shafts,rudders,trim tabs. I was painting these with the same bottom paint I used on the bottom of the boat Pettit Ultima Pro but when I hauled the boat last week I notice around mystarboard side strut there was a sign of some kind of reaction the area in question had a yellowish color around the strut I assumed this to be some sort of reaction from the paint that was on the strut so I wire wheeled all the metal parts as described above and I am a little confused as to what I should paint these with. I was thinking of painting these with a product from pettit called Pettit Tranducer SprayPaint 1793 which says on the can that it is good for underwater plastic housings as well as metals cast iron,copper,bronze,galvanized steel,and inhibits corrosion on these surfaces. It said that it contains 93 percent pure zinc. Does anyone have any experience with this product or any suggestions as to what I should use.

Thanks to all who respond

Fin-Addict
    Fin-Addict
    Capt. Bobby G.

On my struts, rudder, and trim tabs I wire wheeled to bare metal then painted with a two part barrier coat as a primer. I then applied the same bottom paint as on the hull. The shafts I sprayed with the paint you are refering to. It is Triducer by Petit and is similar to barnacle block.
    Jim B.
    FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
    Va. Beach

Comment

Working...
    X