Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liferaft Mounting on a 28??

What are all the options???

1)On the hardtop.....most I have seen are here but that takes up the prime spot for a radome. Which leads to another question....could you mount the radome on the buggy top or is that just too much weight(20lbs) to put up there? Are there other problems??

3)In front of the windshield......I have seen some mounted here but this is not a good option for me since I am more of a short guy 5'-8" and am freaky about visibility.

4)Under the hardtop in the rear....this probably wouldn't bother me but would be nasty for any 6'-4" guests to bang their head on.

5)Below deck(possibly over the v-bearth).......not real appealling (going below if you are going down) but an option anyway.

6)On the back of the upper station seat......could be a "clean install" but I don't like the idea of having to climb the tower in an emergency.

7)Under the upper station seat......could be done a variety of ways....I haven't seen it but seems most appealing.

What do you guys think the best spot is, any "issues" you have with your own placement and i would like to see pictures of any installs or unique placements you might have.
    Luke

I have my raft on the port side in front of the winsheild and it does not really affect my visibility

Comment

You could check this previous thread on the same subject.

http://www.carolinaclassicboatowners...ead.php?t=1218
      Tigerlily - CC 28
      Algarve, Portugal

www.Leadertec.com

Comment

Capt. Spike,

I actually had read the previous thread...... I was attempting to prompt additional input on the subject.
        Luke

Comment

Raft on the 28

I owned a 2000 28 before I bought the 32. I have to agree with you that raft placement is quite difficult on the 28. I never wanted the raft mounted on the bow or the tower. In an emergecy you will need to get to the raft and I have enough problems trying to let out a sea anchor in a stiff wind at night 80 miles offshore . On the 28 I went with the valise model and had it mounted to the port side by the passanger seat. I kept it in the cabin when we were not using the boat. The 32 has a lot more room so I had Winslow make up a custom valise case, vaccum packed, and keep it in the cabinet under the pilot seat. The nice thing about Winslow is that they will custom pack a raft to your dimensions at no extra charge.

Good luck

Steve

CC32-Cape May, NJ

Comment

life raft

I have a 05 28 and mounted my life raft under the tower seat between the footrest and rear of the top. Through bolted ring eyes and tie it there. Must really seal those holes though. No problems, out of the way and I keep a spare knife in the top equipment box to cut it free in a second with a pull rope loosely tied to the footrest to release the raft.
            Code Blue

Comment

Life raft...

code blue,

can you post me a picture
              Luke

Comment

Do You

Originally posted by code blue View Post
                I have a 05 28 and mounted my life raft under the tower seat between the footrest and rear of the top. Through bolted ring eyes and tie it there. Must really seal those holes though. No problems, out of the way and I keep a spare knife in the top equipment box to cut it free in a second with a pull rope loosely tied to the footrest to release the raft.
                HAVE ANY PICTURES RE: YOUR SET UP IAM TRYING TO DECIDE,THANKS CHUCK

Comment

I mounted my life raft behind my radardome.I'm not a tall guy myself and I think it would block the view.I agree it's not and easy place to get to in an emergcy but the hydro static relase should open it and I think I'm more likely to hit something due to the raft blocking my view than needing my liferaft.If things get ugly I'll be in my survival suit and the epirb will already be in the water.Only a small part of my rear radar vision is blocked by the raft.I atached a photo of when I had an outrigger problem but you can see the raft on the roof.(I now have a Fruno radar dome on a bracket)
                  Dennis
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a '99 Carolina 28. I was able to have my fiberglass guy create a platform behind the seat of my tower. It works out great beacuse it is out of the way of everything and even gives me some more cover in rain, etc. Here is how it looks ....
                    Attached Files
                    Capt. Sak
                    Armageddon
                    '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

Working...
                    X