Jabsco Toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabsco Toilet

Good day to all. I have found this site to be very informative, we boat owners need all the help we can get. This past Summer my Jabsco, series 37045, started to loose water from the bowl leaking to the deck. I would place the BLUE STUFF in the bowl and would see it leak to the deck of the head. I purchased a service kit, not much in the kit, and installed it but it still leaks. I removed the pump and checked to see if the o ring had moved out of position which it did not. It is very hard to actually see just where the leak is coming from. Has anyone experienced a similar leak?

Thanks,
    Richard Pelletier
    Chesapeake, VA
    Richard Pelleter
    Chesapeake, VA
    2001 28' CC

Mine leaked out pump last summer

then seized after the boat was on the hard for 2 weeks in August.

It was easy and relatively cheap to

1) remove the whole toilet from the boat ( 3 hoses, 2 wires, 4 screws)
    2) replace the entire pump with a new Jabsco - ~175$

than try and rebuild it.

I've rebuilt the fish box macerators w. the kit a couple times but the head pump is not one I want to go inside....

Comment

Are you sure that the pump outlet to the hose connection isn't the problem. I found that mine was leaking there.

Comment

Deepwater, did your toilet leak out the water standing in the bowl?? I will check the hose you mentioned. Thanks,

Richard
        Richard Pelleter
        Chesapeake, VA
        2001 28' CC

Comment

I took the toilet out when I bought the boat due to the smell in the cabin so I don't know if that was happening or not. I'm still trying to get rid of all the odor before reinstalling it. I found several leaks at different hose connections.

The easiest way to check everything out is to remove the toilet (4 bolts) and check it out where you can see it properly.

Comment

Deepwater, thanks again. I guess that's what I need to do.

Richard
            Richard Pelleter
            Chesapeake, VA
            2001 28' CC

Comment

Richard,

I just took care of the same problem about 2 months ago. Mine was the white plastic seal housing that bolts to the motor. jabsco part # (37043-1000) it was about $18. I had it special ordered at West Marine. You have to take the motor off of the toilet to replace it. It was cracked on the bottom side where you could not see it without removing the toilet. I also did the service kit while I was in there. Alot cheaper than a whole new motor assembly ($204) Hope this helps.

Comment

You can go to www.jabsco.com and get an exploded view and parts list.

Comment

Reelhappy, thanks but I removed the housing and motor and did not find any crack. I thought the o ring might have been misaligned so I took it apart again. This was after I had installed a repair kit. I guess I will have to pull the toilet up so I can see better where the leak is. Thanks for your input.

Richard
                  Richard Pelleter
                  Chesapeake, VA
                  2001 28' CC

Comment

Working...
                  X