Oil cooler problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler problems

Has a oil cooler been giving problems for anyone? The reason I ask, is I went to the stream a couple of weeks ago and the port engine (7.4 gas) used 2.5 qts of oil. Stb engine was fine. At the dock I see a shine on the water not like fuel, but maybe oil. Boat is a 95 and I believe had sat for a period of time without being used. Any suggestions?
    "Addison Leigh"
    1995 Carolina Classic 28'
    Wrightsville Beach, NC

where does the oil seem to be emanating from, have you checked your engine oil, or is it coming from your exhaust. keep in mind the reversion/intrusion problems with those motors.

Comment

oil cooler

We had to replace an oil cooler about 3 mounths ago.
      We noticed our oil was getting milky and we had a slick behind the boat.
      Check your oil to see if it is milky if so the water is getting in, inside the oil cooler.
      You can call greens marine in wilmington and they will get one for you.
      It's a Classic

CC25
      8.1gi

Comment

Maybe both?

It seems that it's the oil cooler. I am thinking about replacing both. What are your thoughts?
        "Addison Leigh"
        1995 Carolina Classic 28'
        Wrightsville Beach, NC

Comment

coolers

Oil coolers are an easy item to replace if you are skinny. One side is easier than the other. I had similar problem, slightly different though. Water shooting out of jacket not oil. Replaced cooler. Gave old cooler to shop welder and he rebuilt it like new. Keep it as a spare for the future. They are not cheap. Aftermarket slighly less expensive.The adage of replacing both is great for people with deep pockets. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X