Inline Fuel Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Fuel Conditioner

I was at the boat show and there was a display for diesel-tex they had a inline fuel conditioner that works off magnetic cyclonifications. The salesman tole me that if I was not satisfied he would return my money. It looked like a small cylinder that you tapped into your fuel syste before your water fuel seperator. I would have to buy one for each engine so it would run me about 500 bucks. Does anyone have any input and do you think it is worth it?

The Algae X units have been standard on CC the past few years and I think they were an option before that. I have them on my boat but who knows if they do anything.
    Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
    2015 Enclosed Helm 35
    Tom

Comment

Does it do the same thing?

Comment

Just looked up there website and they do the samething.

Comment

Algae X units are magnetic so I would assume that they are the same as far as how they work. I have no idea if one is better than the other.
          Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
          2015 Enclosed Helm 35
          Tom

Comment

Check out www.Boatdiesel.com & listen to what Tony Athens has to say in detail about these different fuel condioners, additives & filters. Basically, he states that multi stage filtration is the best way, no magnetic, cyclonic, chemical filtering or additives needed. Just basic fitration down to 2 mics before your last chance on engine filter. (he does this with Fleetguard spin on filters) That man knows his stuff!!

Chris
            "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Maybe I will ad another raycor.

Comment

MultiStage, the way top go

I went with Tony Athens Multistage fuel filters on my 250's and couldn't be happier. Easy to install and very easy to change. I believe CAPTB has the same setup. In my opinion way better than the racors. I gave them away. I also ordered vacuum guages for piece of mind.

Comment

please provide some more info on your setup . where you bought your parts , cost and how many additional filters ect . i have the same cummins 250's and was think about doing the same thing . thanks - stan
                  28 Classic - Brown Eyed Girls

Comment

Chris was right - I also put Tony's multi stage filters on my 4 BTAs - I"ll have to look up what I paid, but if you call Tony, he'll give you the price over the phone. Never had a problem with them, and they are much easier to change than the Racor's.
                    Capt. B

Now a 2014 28' Regulator
                    Wall, NJ

Comment

Stanley111

This is what Brad from Seaboard Marine (Tony Athens Co.) Sent me a while back about the filters.

"Complete Multi-Stage Unit (Universal HD double filter head, FS1000 & FF5013, and a spare primary FF5013 bulk separator)" -- This is the setup I have

"If you prefer a "clear bowl", we use the FS 1015 ("Stratapore" upgrade) for the secondary separator/polisher" ......

This is what he recommended if you want to keep your racor

"FS1218 super HD primary bulk separator kit w/ (1) spare filter.

This is the perfect kit to install in front of your Racor if you have “Racor-itis”
                      and want to lower your fuel filter maintenance by many times, and add superior protection to your system."

If you would like I could foward you the entire email he sent me with pics and stuff. I try to keep all that stuff. But I would definilty call them they are great to deal with and ship the stuff right out. They even overnighted me a few parts that I got the next day, from Cal. to NJ thats pretty good

Nick

Comment

In Line !!!!!!!!!

We have this on our new C.C. 25, When we had a problom with the fuel pump I took it apart to sea what was in side & or was it pluged up .. There is a small magnet that runs with the fuel flow, it will pick up any metal it the fuel !! This is all that I can see that it will do ????? Mac has been adding them on that new boats !!!! Just keep the fuel clean & change the filters , We have the seapar 30 m + the yanmar filter , I SEA NO WAY ANYTHING CAN GET IN TO THE FUEL SYSTEM WITH THIS SET UP !!!!
                        But you never know !!!!!!!!!
                        25' C.C.~~YANMAR /INBOARD !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X