X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jvtuna
    replied
    compressors 1500

ya my compressors go on at 1500, but I am able to pull back the throttles to just when they go off. I am going to put on the switches , it's just too tough trying to play with the throttles when your trying to fish.

jvtuna

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    No maybe I don't. I was able to make 1600 - 1650 RPM without them coming on.

Leave a comment:

• Bullish
    replied
    Mine consistentaly come on at 1400 rpms. I need to troll for tuna at about 1500 rpms. I would think that you don't need the kill switch since your compressors don't come on until 1700 rpms.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    I just got back from Portugal. My superchargers come on at 1700 RPM like the book says.

Leave a comment:

• jvtuna
    replied
    recieved

thanks Captain Spike

Got them

jvtuna

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    I've sent it now, I hope it's useful.

Leave a comment:

• jvtuna
    replied
    kill switch

Captain Spike my e-mail [email protected]

thanks

JV

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    I'll do that when I get home tonight. Can you let me have your email JV?

As I understand it when you cut the cable the engine speed sensor still sends the signal telling the supercharger to engage the clutch but the current doesn't get through and the clutch remains disengaged so the supercharger doesn't run.

Leave a comment:

• Bullish
    replied
    Captain Spike-

That would be very helpful if you could scan the manual and email to me at [email protected]

Thanks very much.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• jvtuna
    replied
    Captain Spike,

Can you e-mail the manual as well? Also I think I undestand the workings of the compressor, but by cutting the wires and installing a kill switch means to me the current would just not get to the clutch and it would just not activate.
    Would that be correct?

jvtuna

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    I think it's the complete manual. Do you want me to scan it & email it to you?

Leave a comment:

• Bullish
    replied
    That's good information. Thank you. Did Volvo send you the complete electrical manual?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    Another thought occurred to me. It's not inconceivable that US and European variants of the engine have differerent settings of the engine control module to dictate the engine speed at which the supercharger comes in. I live in England and spoke to Volvo UK who presumably gave me the information for the engines that they supply. Tigerlily was bought used in the US so the engines will be US specification. It may be worth you speaking with Volvo US and asking them for the info from the US version of the electrical manual.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Spike
    replied
    According to the manual that the guy sent me you can adjust the speed at which the supercharger drops out but the speed at which it comes in is pre programmed into the electronic engine module.

It does however comment on possible causes of the supercharger cycling in and out in the "Troubleshooting" section. I'll quote it word for word.

"Oxidation or loose connections within the engine speed (RPM) sensor or the electronic module connectors. Cable breakage. Check and clean. The terminal pins should be smeared with contact grease"

It seems that this sensor's only job is to monitor engine speed and tell the supercharger when to come in and out.

Leave a comment:

• Bullish
    replied
    This is very helpful. The clutch on mine probably burned out because of another problem I am having. The compressor continuously cycles for a few seconds just before the boat planes. This probably wore out the clutch.

Also, I paid close attention to the rpms last weekend when the compressor engages. My compressor engages exactly at 1300 rpms when I walk the throttles up slowly. According to your interpretaion of the manual, they should not engage under this method. If you test your boat in a similiar way, please let me know if you have the same results.

Thank you,
    Jason

Leave a comment:

Working...
X