Raw water strainers for engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw water strainers for engines

I recently bought a 1998 28 CC with 7.4's I have been cleaning all the raw water strainers and have had a problem finding the gasket that goes on top were wire basket pulls out. These are the type that have a swing away clamp with tighting bolt. Could not find manufacturer name on part. I can't seem to locate the type I have on the internet either.Can anyone guide me in right direction?

Try Groco:

http://www.groco.net/catsvcman07.htm
    NIGHTHAWK
    2001 CC 28
    Yanmar 300's

Comment

Thanks but they don't show any similar to mine>

Comment

I use flat sheet gasket material & cut circles to replace them as they wear out...cheap & easy.

Chris
        "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Mine are made by Sen-Dure

Keep in mind that I have an 02 28 so this may not be the same.

Says Sen-Dure on the cylindrical housing that the sea water strainer slips into. A couple of years ago I looked them up on-line. I think it is www.sen-dure.com

When I called the manufacturer directly, they were nice enough to send a dozen for free. My notes indicate a part number of the gasket as 838977-7.
          Bullish
          2002 28
          Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Just read your description of strainer again

Sounds exactly like mine. I'm far from my boat but post a pic if you want me to confirm that it is the same.
            Bullish
            2002 28
            Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bullish, I believe that is it. I am five hours from boat so picture will be later.

Comment

Working...
              X