Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about these european prices?

Hallo to everybody,
    the following are european prices (quoted in usa dollar) of new carolina 28 (2008 model) as requested by some european dealers.
    Coud yuo tell me if prices are more and more expencive of the (real) american prices?
    And for instance could you tell me hte correspondent real american price?

Carolina Classic 28 (new)

Powered by Yanmar 2x315 hp, 6lpa-dtp $ 192.600
    in alternative
    powered by Volvo D4 2x300 hp $ 196.700

Some Accessories:

Hard Top $ 12.900
    Tuna Tower $ 29.900
    El Glendining/troling/sincro (for Yanmar) $ 6.600
    Outriggers, lee sidewinder, telescoping $ 2.650
    5kw electrical generator diesel westerbbeke $ 11.800

Please can you help me to understand the real american quotations?

Thanks to every body
    Romildo

Look on boats.com and boatrader.com and you will see the new boat prices along with the used prices. Also, you can get the phone # of some American dealers. Should be a good time to buy with Euro being so strong.
    28 Carolina Classic 2003 (sold)
    18 Cobia 2001
    Perry

Comment

thank you Petty Cash

Originally posted by Petty Cash View Post
      Look on boats.com and boatrader.com and you will see the new boat prices along with the used prices. Also, you can get the phone # of some American dealers. Should be a good time to buy with Euro being so strong.
      Thank you,
      I looked on boats.com trying to understand new prices.. It isn't easy for me.
      Any way I beleave european dealers charge american prices of 45/50% so the benefit of change rate is zero......

If you coud help me by comparing each price I wrote in the firs post with the real american price.... Than I'll be able to understand the defferences

Any way thank you very much!

Comment

CC28 Prices

Hey Romildo,

The "2007 Retail Prices" (in USD) from the factory quote sheet they send with a brochure is as follows:

D-4 260 Volvo $176,600
        D-6 310 Volvo $194,800
        315 Yanmar $181,900

The D-4 300 came out just after I got my price sheet so it was not on the list.

Tower $ 28,500
        Hardtop $ 12,500
        Trolling Valves $ 4,000
        5K Westerbeke $ 11,800
        Lee Sidewinderss $ 2,450

Looks like they are pretty close to retail price accounting for a little transportation cost and a 2008 price increase.
        Last edited by xl883lo; 11-20-2007, 09:10 AM.
        Luke

Comment

Yes it seems...

Originally posted by xl883lo View Post
          Hey Romildo,

The "2007 Retail Prices" (in USD) from the factory quote sheet they send with a brochure is as follows:

D-4 260 Volvo $176,600
          D-6 310 Volvo $194,800
          315 Yanmar $181,900

The D-4 300 came out just after I got my price sheet so it was not on the list.

Tower $ 28,500
          Hardtop $ 12,500
          Trolling Valves $ 4,000
          5K Westerbeke $ 11,800
          Lee Sidewinderss $ 2,450

Looks like they are pretty close to retail price accounting for a little transportation cost and a 2008 price increase.
          Thank you Luke, in effect they seems very close... Too close to justify an import export trade....

But for example on boat.com you now can see a new carolina 28 offered by carolina classic (just the buider) powered by engine total 500.00 hp diesel (I think could be volvo D4 2 x 260 hp) price $ 136.100!!
          While the european quotation is $ 188.300!
          And the retail price on the factory quote sheet you say it's $ 176.600.....
          I really don't understant....
          What do you think about it?

Comment

Boats.com

The prices on boats.com is outdated and wrong. They detail a diesel powered boat, list the D4 as the 'standard' engine package and then give bas pricing for a Crusader gas boat with nothing on the boat?!?!? And the price they give for a 'Base" price is a year or two old.

The pricing you have received from the European dealer is off the sheet and adjusted for freight on the base boat/hull . . . The options pricing is off the 2008 sheet as well and is fair. Any minor discrepencies from what a US customer would see is attributed to the different things that Mac has to do to be CE compliant (lighting, voltage & wiring, etc.).

Your dealer is not marking up 45% to offset the exchange at all . . . This is certain . . .

Good luck and I hope you join the Carolina Classic familly!!!
            Tres

http://www.virginiabeachboats.net
            http://www.specialtyproducts.net

Comment

Working...
            X