Volvo kamd43p cabin heater inst.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo kamd43p cabin heater inst.?

I am new to these engines and was wondering where I would plumb in for a cabin heater? Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Ethan
    Ethan D.
    "Fissues 2"
    Volvo D6-330's
    Marblehead, MA

Hi Ethan,
    Last year I was in the same position, wanting to add heat. Carolina Classic offers this as an option on current production boats. In addition, they offer a kit that will allow you to install heat in an existing boat with Volvo motors.

I had the VA Beach Boats, Carolina Classic dealer in my area, purchase the kit and install it in my boat (CC28 w/ Volvo KAD300). The heat is now "free"- sort of like a car heater. I recommend that you contact Keith at Carolina Classics and ask about the availablilty of the kit.

Good Luck.
    Nick 2003 CC28 KAMD300
    "PUMPKIN"

Comment

Ducted heat

Hello - we did Nick's heater install on Pumpkin. The parts are not all that expensive (relative statement) but access on a built boat can be a bear and accounted for a large chunk of the $ spent to install after the fact. Feel free to drop me a note or phone call and I can get my svc mgr to run through the steps req'd to install.

Generally, you will tap into the antifreeze circuit on the port motor and circulate the coolant through a core that you will mount behind the fridge &/or near the steps in the cabin. Duct work goes back to the wings on the helm deck and below the fridge or at bottom of the steps in the cabin and proves to be a routing challenge . . .

The system can be isolated when you are not using it via t-handles/valves . . . We order ducted heat on all of our customer/stock boats b/c it is great for striper season.

Let me know if we can help
      Tres

http://www.virginiabeachboats.net
      http://www.specialtyproducts.net

Comment

Thanks for your help. I installed a 40,000 btu buss heater, nice and toasty. Now let's go fishing.
        Ethan D.
        "Fissues 2"
        Volvo D6-330's
        Marblehead, MA

Comment

Working...
        X