What is this switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this switch?

While crawling around the boat (1997 CC25) last weekend I was inspecting under the gunwales. On the starboard side up under the gunwales, I spotted a toggle switch (with several blue wires) that looks to be factory mounted on a curved piece of fiberglass. I have never used this switch. The switch has apparently corroded from lack of use and I couldn't get it to move to see what it operated.

Anyone have any ideas?

Spreader lights?

Comment

If it is near the switch for the engine hatch, it is for your spreader lights.
      Bullish
      2002 28
      Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Okay...but I don't have spreader lights.

I guess I need to mount some!

Since the switch is wired would there be wiring in the hardtop ready for use?

Comment

Is there any way to follow that wire to see if it goes up to your hard top? Maybe the factory can tell you what they typically do with the wire when you don't have spreader lights.
          Bullish
          2002 28
          Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

I think that switch controls weither or not you want the lights under the gunwales on or off when you have your spreader lights on.
            Sweet-E-Motion
            28 Carolina Classic
            OCFC, MD.

Comment

On my boat, once the switch on the dash is turned on for spreader lights, the under-gunnel lights stay on regardless of the position of the switch under gunnel. Again, on my boat, the under-gunnel switch only engages and disengages the spreader lights. The dash switch for spreader lights must be on first for the under gunnel switch to engage/disengage the spreader lights.
              Bullish
              2002 28
              Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I'll change out the switch over Thanskgiving and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                X