Fuel pickup on 25CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pickup on 25CC

Had a problem with fuel starvation on the port tank. I am wondering if the tube is broken off and the attitude of the bown up condition when running kept fuel at the fitting until I had used some up. I removed the 90 deg fitting and the anti siphon fitting and didn't find a problem with it.

Is the pickup tube part of the fitting that is welded into the tank or is it a drop in tube that is flared on one end to hold it in the tank fitting? I tried to pull it out and couldn't seem to do that. The other option is to pull the fuel gauge sender and check to see if the tube is there.

You should have a pick-up tube that runs to the bottom of your tank. If it has a screen, REMOVE the screen. It sounds like there may be something clogging your intake of the pickup tube. Based on my experience, there may be alumimum shavings and solder pieces in the tank. In order to get them out of the tank and into the primary filter, you have to get rid of the screen or it will stay in the tank.

I also made a decision to remove the anti-siphon valve and go with an open valve to get the larger metal shavings to pass through to the filter. The anit-siphon valve has a ball that will clog up with debris if you are not too careful and your tank has these shavings in it.

I would not recommend removing the anti-siphon valve if you have a gas engine, since gas is more flammable than diesel.

Hope this helps......
    Capt. Sak
    Armageddon
    '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

How do you get the pickup tube out so I can check the screen. Is it just flared on the end and sitting down in the fitting that is welded to the tank?

When I ran a stiff wire down the tube to check if it was all there I felt something that may have been a Screen or mushy deposits under the tube???
      Advance, NC

Comment

The pickup tube is screwed into the tank. You should have a square fitting on top of the tank that the anti-siphon valve screws into. This fitting should be able to unscrewed.

I am not sure if the tank on the 28 cc (my boat) has the similare type fitting as your 25 cc.

You might need to call Mac at CC for clarification ....
        Capt. Sak
        Armageddon
        '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

Working...
        X