Need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions

I am looking at purchasing a used CC25 on the 94-96 year range. I have found one on boattrader, a 1994 w/ a Volvo Penta, that is in my budget but wanted to know what I should look for in this particular make and motor. I have heard alot about the water ingestion but dont know how to tell how bad of shape the motor is in due to this problem. Any opinions on what to look for are greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

There is so much to look at in a used boat. My advice would be that if you are happy with the price compared to what else is available, make the committment to buy contingent upon an inspection by good surveyer. I don't know the cost but if it is only a couple/few hundred dollars, it seems worth the piece of mind.
    Bullish
    2002 28
    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

I can't remember the actual cost. It is usually charged by the foot. A year ago when we purchased our 28' it was I think somewhere between $300 - $400 total to have it surveyed. Well worth it.

Comment

Survey

Survey .... Survey ... Survey..

Compression will tell the story on the motor. If it comes up fine and has all of the exhaust mods on it AND you continue to follow the high idle shut down procedute you should be ok. Run the boat until age/hours/use kills the motor and repower with diesel or a Crusader . . . .

The hull is bullet proof and that is what you are buying. We have sold several early 25s to customers that have this approach and it works out well from a $ standpoint.

Hope that helps.
        Tres

http://www.virginiabeachboats.net
        http://www.specialtyproducts.net

Comment

Thanks

The one I am looking at has the original volvo in it and I am pretty sure they dont have the water ingestion problems as much as the other power options. Am I correct on this?

Comment

Can't help you out with your specific question regarding these engines since I have diesels in a 28. The CC factory is very helpful...even to those not buying a new boat from them. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask their advice here.
            Bullish
            2002 28
            Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

You are correct. The older carb engines don't have that problem. Not saying that it can't happen but if it survived that long you should be good.

As others have said, get a survey.
              Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
              2015 Enclosed Helm 35
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X