Volvo hydraulic trim cylinder rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo hydraulic trim cylinder rebuilding

One of my Volvo I/O trim cylinders is leaking and needs new seals. After checking around it looks like Volvo doesn't offer a rebuild kit so I've purchased a new one. However, the parts dealer recommended I find a competent hydraulic shop to rebuild the old one and keep it as a spare. Does anyone know a shop with the capability to be creative in finding matching parts and rebuilding the trim cylinder?

I'm willing to ship it to whomever can do the job.

Thanks!

Just so you know I found seal kits for the SX/DP cyl's by going thru OMC. They had a joint venture with Volvo starting in 1994 and used the same parts. OMC made a seal kit available even though Volvo does not. A 1997 OMC cobra drive trim ram should be the same as yours and a seal kit is available. If you look at the parts pic you will see they are the same.
    Go deep or don't go at all
    2000 CC28 KAMD44p's

Comment

Wow! I'll check that out...thanks!

Comment

If you have a problem finding it I can get the part number and my local OMC dealer may have one in stock, let me know if you need it. Bombardier (new OMC) slacks on some sterndrive parts so you may have to search a little.
        2000 CC28 KAMD44p's

Comment

Numbers would be great! I've spent over an hour on the internet searching this morning and can't find the info.

The OMC stuff is hard to find compared to Volvo and Mercruiser.

Thank you for the help.

Bill

Comment

Bill you have an PM..............I have your info and can fax it....see the Private message.
            2000 CC28 KAMD44p's

Comment

Back at ya!

Comment

For future reference.......Billh had the old style drive that there are no kits for from anybody. Story goes.....in 1993 OMC and Volvo started a joint venture drive called the SX od DP drive. They were sold by Volvo and OMC. These had 2 long exposed horizontal (when down) rams. Volvo did not make a seal kit for these but OMC did.

Unfortunatly and why i do not know....CC used the old style drives for years to come. Maybe they had a bunch......who knows I have not asked. If you look at virtually any 1994 volvo sterndrive boat it has the new drive.....other than CC.

Just so I know I will post that question in the Ask MAc section...you can all look.
                2000 CC28 KAMD44p's

Comment

On my parts listing I found I was wrong on the years. SX came out in 93 but the DP (duoprop) came out in 1996......I still wondered why 1997 CC's and maybe newer used the older style drives?
                  2000 CC28 KAMD44p's

Comment

Working...
                  X