2004 Carolina Classic 25,KAMD 300 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Carolina Classic 25,KAMD 300 diesel

This is my 3rd boat. Had a Trophy 1903,2302 before this. All I can say is the difference is night & day. This thing is a tank in rough water. A beast of a boat that swallows up the roughest of water. All of my fishing up till now has been in the Chesapeake Bay. Closest I've had the boat to the big water is Cape Charles Virginia where it gets pretty darn rough, handled it like a man. Bought this boat for a trailable offshore machine that gets some great fuel milage. My intentions are starting to do some offshore fishing out of Ocean City Md. next spring. Any way glad to be member of a great site. Charlie
    Last edited by sharktales; 10-22-2006, 10:08 PM.
    2004 Carolina Classic 25, Volvo KAMD 300 diesel...."SHARKTALES"

Congrats Charlie. Is that a jackshaft boat or did they have the straight inboard in '04...I can't remember if it was '05 when first offered? If straight inboard, I'd love to hear what type of performance you're getting with her, especially with that engine. Regards.

Comment

Thanks Golden Dog, It is the jackshaft I actually bought the boat in feb. of 05 it was a new 04 leftover. I was not really ready to buy a boat but I got a deal I could not refuse. I didn't really get to runner her as much as I wanted this summer but we did manage to put some monster striper on the deck during spring trophy season & spent two weeks in Cape Charles caught lots of flounder & sharks. Can't wait to get her offshore next spring! I to would like to see some numbers on the new D4 with the straight inboard. Thanks again Charlie
      Last edited by sharktales; 10-23-2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Cc 25

Sharktales,

Welcome to the forum. I have the exact same year, model and engine package that you do. I do not have a trailer as I keep mine on a lift at my dock.

We're from Va. Beach but retired to the outskirts of Kilmarnock and are on the Great Wicomico River. Four mile run to the Chesapeake Bay.

Plenty of Rockfish running right now and we are getting our limit everytime out. Waiting for the "big boy" migration.

We love the boat. Only have 70 hours on it so far as we spent a lot of time building the new home (18 months).

Hours are also down due to the fact that we rotate boats when we go out among our neighbors.

Ever up this way, give us a shout.

LRC
        LRC
        2004 Carolina Classic, Volvo 300 KAD
        2004 Boston Whaler Montauk, 90 hp Merc

Comment

lrc,

Is that your sled on the lift on the south side of the river, just east of the 200 bridge? We're also on the Great Wicomico...a little farther up, but put in right next to Tiffany's. I've got a Shamrock currently but see a CC in my future and have driven past that boat for a good look more than once.

I hope to be out fishing next weekend, maybe I'll see you out there. What performance are you guys getting with the j/s setup?

Regards,

GD

Comment

Cc 25'

Golden Dog,

Yep, that's me.

You'll see a 17' Whaler on the other lift on the opposite side of the dock that we use for running the river.

We've been living on the Wicomico for just about a year now. Love it! And love the CC. It takes just about anything the Chesapeake Bay can throw at it. The Volvo JS diesel is a sweet running engine with plenty of power for this hull.

This week end looks like a blow out with high winds. Am looking for a break in the weather for next week though. The NN Reef has been good for us in the latest trips out chumming for the Rockfish.

LRC
            LRC
            2004 Carolina Classic, Volvo 300 KAD
            2004 Boston Whaler Montauk, 90 hp Merc

Comment

Thanks lRC, Man I wish I could be down there right now catchin some of those Rockfish. Your very lucky to live down there! I hope to move down that way when I retire wich is a long way off. I really like it down by Cape Charles usually spend 2 weeks down there on vacation. I mainly fish out of Sandy Point Md. I have about 74 hrs on mine, she a cats meow, I love her. I to was busy building a house. A house to keep her in been putting up a 30x40 garage just for her. I hope to do a lot more fishing next year. Hopefully get offshore & chase some tuna & shark around then I'll really be able to see what she can do. Any way thanks again for the welcome! Charlie

Comment

Working...
              X