Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Malta

Hi,

I'm Nick from Malta, a tiny island in the Central Med. Sea. Currently run a 1988 Windy 9800 Deep V with twin Merc 5.7L EFI on Bravo II legs and a year and a half ago or so got the fishing bug, so been trying to retrofit her as much as possible.

In the market for a boat change, both the 25 and 28 look interesting and Tom has kindly given me some info. Are there any more interior pics of this boat as on the site they are a bit limited.

Run a forum out here maltafishingforum.com which I created as fishing in Malta tends to be one big secret!! No one likes to share so trying to change that and give some info to ppl coming from abroad who may want to fish here.

We're now in the EU which means everything has gone up in price!! Gas is $5.63 a gallon and diesel around $4.90 so pretty expensive!!

Tuna fishing is the main target, though with commercial purse seiners dying quick in the Med. 30 miles out used to be good, now we're looking at 70-100 for some real fun meaning range, durability and consumption are important!

Nick

Hello Nick, welcome to the site. I keep my CC 28 in Portugal so a bit closer to you than the US.

I'll look and see if I have any useful interior pics to send you. The cabin isn't spacious but it has a fridge, shower, microwave and head. I spend up to a week at a time living aboard her in the marina.

Spike
    Tigerlily - CC 28
    Algarve, Portugal

www.Leadertec.com

Comment

Welcome aboard Nick. Here's a few interior pics of 25 & 28 I took back in '03 or '04 when we were trying to decide which one to get. Shoulda got the 28. Oh well, the 25 is very nice too.
      Attached Files
      --Mike
      2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
      Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
      ocimaya.org

Comment

As you can see the sleeping accommodation's luxurious...........
        Attached Files
        Tigerlily - CC 28
        Algarve, Portugal

www.Leadertec.com

Comment

Hi nick

Im maltese as well. My father was born over there and hes been here for 50 years now. We have a 35 cc and been in boating all our lives.. Had small and large sportfishers and must say the cc is the most solid best built boat we have ever had, its built like a tank. My father even imported a farilla boat from malta. not sure about the spelling, but you will know the multi colored wood boat. think he got it a a nostalgic piece. We fish on eastern end of long island and suits us for all sorts of bass/fluke and tuna fishing.

Comment

Working...
          X