Repowering a 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repowering a 35

I’ve been enjoying my 35 for 5 seasons now. I have Cummins 480CEs and ZF 280-1A gears with 4500 hours. Overall, it’s been a great boat. Over the past weekend both of my gears were cooked by someone who thought the shift levers were throttles. By pulling the shift levers back slowly the clutches on one gear fused and warped on the other. One more item of joy to add to the list in 2020.

Anyway, I’m thinking of using this mishap as an opportunity. While the 480CEs have run well, (After replacing heads, injectors and putting on new turbos), the boat doesn’t perform as well as it should. Given that, I’d like to upgrade to 600 HP QSCs.

If anyone out there has a 600 HP or higher configuration out there, could you please share what engines, gears, gear ratios and props you are using? Also what is your cruise RPM, speed and fuel burn? Any info you can share is appreciated.
    Last edited by Nantucket; 10-03-2020, 03:59 AM.

im thinking about doing the same thing i have cats and there awesome 3126b 450 hp looking at C9s 575 hp would love some feedback as well

Comment

Working...
    X