Florida Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Fishing

I need some help with information on Florida fishing. My wife and I are planning a trip to Florida this March to buy a property. She does not want the home to be in the Keys (something about hurricains). My question is where should we look that would have access to some great fishing grounds. I looked at Dania and Ft Lauderdale but having never spent much time in Florida I have no idea if these places are the best to start looking . Is there any great fishing on the Gulf side ? We want to keep our 32 CC in Florida for the winter.

Steve
    Beowulf CC-32

Florida What Up!!!!!!!

Beowulf.. How About 1 Half Mile Out And Your Into King Fish And Sails... 12 Miles To The Gulfstream... 2 Hours 60 Miles And You're Into The Bahamas ...need I Say More ?? This Is Chuckabear, My Family Lives In Pompano Beach Just North Of Ft. Lauderdale Water Temp In The Summer Is 80 To 85 Degrees,, Diving Is A Blast ,,water Is Clean Like In The Bahamas .... You Can Be In The Keys By Boat In Just About 4 To 6 Hours Depending On The Seas....just Last Week We Caught Blackfin Tuna And Watched Whale Sharks Gobbling Up Plankton ,,what A Sight!!!! The East Coast Is Much Better For The Fishing And Diving But If You Want It All The Keys Are Where Its At...big Grouper ,cobia,snook, Redfish,tarpon,and Snapper (yellow Tail)which I Love, Are 3 To 4 Lbs.. Sound Good??? Real Estate Is Gone Sky High Within The Past 10 Years,, My Only Recommendation Would Be ,, Go To Realtors .com And Search Waterfront Property Where You Are Inclined To Go.. I Would Be More Than Glad To Help You Anytime Just Call My Cell And We Can Chat [email protected] 264 2266 Until Then John 3:16 Chuck La Centra

Comment

A vote for Key West

Beowulf,

Although it's never wise to mess with our better halves, I believe that if you check, you'll see that Key West has had far less in the way of hurricanes, than South Florida in general. I have had a condo right in Old Town for four years, and haven't had so much as a scratch of damage on my boat, (which, to be fair, I keep in a high and dry marina-a 23' Regulator),or a drop of water in my home. As for the fishing, your boat would be perfect for Tarpon in the harbor, then Sailfish and Wahoo out past the bar (about 7-8 miles). My cellphone even works out there so I can call ahead to order lunch. It's really a nice second home, especially in the winter.
      Oh yeah, my wife also loves the shopping.........

Dave

P.S. The 25CC that I have on order doesn't know about the Regulator.

Comment

Florida

Thanks for the info guys. Really, my wife won't have a place in the Key's. Her dad had two clients that lost their homes their twice. I think that was back in the 50's or something, her dad retired years ago. I think I'll look into that area near Palm beach or Lauderdale. I'm not looking for waterfront propery just something that is within 15-20 minutes of a Marina. I guess I have to find out where the inlets are located so that the marina is somewhat close. Which also means the house has to be located in that vicinity also.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          Thanks for the info guys. Really, my wife won't have a place in the Key's. Her dad had two clients that lost their homes their twice. I think that was back in the 50's or something, her dad retired years ago. I think I'll look into that area near Palm beach or Lauderdale. I'm not looking for waterfront propery just something that is within 15-20 minutes of a Marina. I guess I have to find out where the inlets are located so that the marina is somewhat close. Which also means the house has to be located in that vicinity also.

Steve
          steve call me i will clue you in chuck 754 264 2266

Comment

florida

Listen to your wife! There are way too many people in Florida.. Better to simply visit, leave your money and go home.
            Now, it's not that we are unhosptiable.. heck you have an open offer to fish with me anytime...
            We have hurricanes, tornados that take 1500 mobile homes (those fancy things made of recycled beer cans) into the air at one time, it rains really bad and the interstates get flooded... traffic is horrible, home owners insurance - if you can even find someone to cover you - is rediculous. You'd have to be crazy to want to live here! (Like me)

However if you really want to - to fish live on the east side. Too long runs on the west. South, like Lauderdale, as previously written - within 15 minutes of marinas you are in deep water. In the winter it's sails, in the spring it's kingfish and dolphin and if you run a little ways offshore tuna. While I do little of it, right now the bottom is going off with big catches of grouper and snapper. johnd

Comment

Working...
            X