Announcement

Collapse

Forum Fund Raiser Status

Hi All,
I appreciate that a number of folks have asked about contributing to a forum fundraiser to defer the licensing and operating costs. I will be posting something in a month or two with options for contributing. I took care of all the initial costs of out pocket for now to ensure we are covered in the transition. More to follow in the New Year.
thanks
Steve
See more
See less

Performance 28 CC w/7.4 Gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance 28 CC w/7.4 Gas?

Hello! Interested in a 28CC w/7.4's. Curious to know what to expect performance wise before the sea trail, and for any current owners what can I expect with regards to GPH with the the twins? The boat is a 95. Thanks in advance!

I owned a '94 28 for 6 summers & fished her off VA/NC from 1994 -1999. Jackshafted, gas just like yours I'd guess. Caught a lot of white marlins aboard her. At any rate, she'll cruise at 27-28 knots effortlessly & will burn around 35-40 GPH. Top end is over 30 knots but your fuel burn will go up quite a bit. From Rudee inlet to the triple zeros east of 100 fathoms, dead bait troll all day & return trips, I'd burn between 180-220 gallons of gas. Go with a diesel 28 if you can swing it financially.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
    X