Announcement

Collapse

Forum Fund Raiser Status

Hi All,
I appreciate that a number of folks have asked about contributing to a forum fundraiser to defer the licensing and operating costs. I will be posting something in a month or two with options for contributing. I took care of all the initial costs of out pocket for now to ensure we are covered in the transition. More to follow in the New Year.
thanks
Steve
See more
See less

Dream Catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Catcher

I contemplating posting this but no one has to view if they don't want to. As many in the sportfishing community in the northeast have already heard, a 60 ft. sportfisher went down while fishing a White Marlin tournament about one week ago. The boat struck something submerged about 15-20 miles offshore. Other boats fishing in the tournament arrived in minutes and got the crew off safely. I understand that the boat has since been towed back to port and she is being salvaged. No word on what they hit but thankfully everyone got home safe. Attached is a link to the coast guard video.

If nothing else, these events help us remember to be prepared at all times for the worst. I might be done running my boat at night. I see debris in the water too often during the day.
    http://www.sportfishermen.com/movies...folder&mID=311
    Bullish
    2002 28
    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Scary. I wonder how fast they were running at the time of the collision. I like to believe that running slow in the dark limits the amount of damage that striking debris might cause. I stay off plane until gray light. The only alternative is to depart the day before we plan to fish and spend the night drifting - which has its own issues.
    Steve on Reel Screamer
    2004 Carolina Classic 28

Comment

Working...
    X