pulled the trigger on a 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled the trigger on a 32

just finalized the contract on a 2006 cc32. we took it for a test ride yesterday and that thing is unbelievable. it has the cummins 425 with electronic throttles and smart craft gauges. we were doing 32 mph with a full tank of gas and 3 adults in a true 3ft + wave and burning a gallon a mile. the boat absolutly flies it will top out at right at 39-40 mph. the new engines are so quite that you can barley hear them at idle. I am also a owner of a 28 cc and this thing is so much bigger them the 28 it is scary. dont get me wrong the 28 is a beast for its size and i have caught alot of fish on it but the 32 is huge compared to the 28. so there now is a 1999 28 cc for sale in alabama. there was a new 32 cabo parked a few slips down and the carolina looked bigger and so much better then the cabo that there was no question of which boat i would rather have. also the cabo tower is 2ft taller then the cc and i feel that will make it more top heavy.

Congrats, it sounds like an awesome machine.

-Kevin

Comment

Congratulations!! I keep wishing that one day when I get to the dock, my 28 will have grown up into a 32.
      IMO, the Cabo is way overrated for what they cost.....
      Sure--the wiring is pretty(and they charge you extra for the clear cover so you can see it), but they can not hold a candle to the Carolina-style boats in terms of sea-keeping abilities. In a big head sea, the CC will eat a Cabo's lunch and then ask for seconds........

Comment

Missprint

First off-----Congratulations

Did you buy the boat that you seatrialed or did you order one?

If you ordered one, when is the due date?

The 32 really is a lot larger than the 28. Much closer in size to the 35. You will not regreat your choice. Much better boat than the cabo. I think we are going to see a lot more 32s showing up on the forum.

If you have any specific questions just ask away.
        Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
        2015 Enclosed Helm 35
        Tom

Comment

no this one came to the dealer and had six people look at it in three days so we had to jump quick or in our case quicker then the others. now have to start putting on electronics so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Comment

Missprint

I am partial to simrad. I have 2 cx44 displays, 12kw radar, ap25 autopilot and icom 602 vhf. I pretty much know the in's and out's of the boat since I riged mine at the factory before bringing it home. If you need any help with setting things up let me know and I will help you out.

Post some pics. We all want to see.

Here is a pic of my helm. The mic is now remote mounted on the port side of the helm to make it easier for everyone to reach.
            Attached Files

sigpic
            2015 Enclosed Helm 35
            Tom

Comment

Pulled the tiger on the 32

Good for you!!!! It is a beautiful boat. You only go around once....Let 'er Rip!!!

Comment

cHART PLOTTERS

sPLIT, 12KW RADAR..YOU GO BOY, BETTER WEAR SOME LEAD UNDIES. LOL

as FAR AS ELECTRONIC CHOICES, i CAN SAY IF YOU FISH OFFSHORE, CHECK OUT THE BATHYMETRIC CHARTS FOR EACH. i BOUGHT USED 35 WITH FURUNO NAVNET, WHILE THE SYSTEM IS GREAT, THE CHARTS SUCK COMPARED TO GARMIN. wHY? bECAUSE gARMIN ARE SCALEABLE FOR EACH AND EVERY INCREMENT..WHILE FURUNO LACKS DETAILS BEYOND EIGHT? MILES WHICH DOESN;T ALLOW YOU TO SEE THE "BIG PICTURE" SO CHECK THAT OUT FOR SURE. tRUST ME YOU WOULD NEVER ACCEPT THE NAVIONICS ONCE YOU HAD THE GARMIN CHARTS. eVEN IF THE REST OF THE SYSTEM IS NOT AS GOOD. i WILL PROBABLY MOVE MY NORTHSTAR 952 TO THE TOWER TO FIT THE GARMIN 10 "

Comment

Fish hard

I see you changed your name by adding the LY.

I think I should use the same name with all the fishing that I am doing.

sigpic
                  2015 Enclosed Helm 35
                  Tom

Comment

Fishing

Yeah fishing has sucked for me. I put off alot of trips in june and july becaue fishing was so bad, only for it not to get much better excert a few sperts.

Comment

cc32

how about a few pictures of the the new 32

Comment

going down thanksgiving and will take some pictures. went with 2 raymarine e series 120. the e series is unbelievable.

Comment

want to post pictures but not sure how to upload them to a public server or were is a server is that i can upload them too but will continue to look for one.

Comment

Missprint

You can upload them right from your computer in the add attachment below the post a reply section.

Read this and see if it helps.
                            http://www.carolinaclassicboatowners.com/faq.php#39

If you still have problems, email them to me and I will post them up for you. The only thing you have to watch for is the file size on each pic. I think it needs to be below 70. You might need to resize them. You can do that in windows paint with strech and skew.

It's easy once you get the hang of it.

sigpic
                            2015 Enclosed Helm 35
                            Tom

Comment

split decision i want to learn how to post pictures but i do not have the add attachment option below the post reply button i have the post a poll box below the message body box. Is there something i need to do in my profile

Comment

Working...
                              X