Towing a 25CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing a 25CC

Shopping for my next boat and the CC25 is one of the top contenders. I have an 03' 2500 Suburban with a 9600 pound towing capacity. Is the CC25 just too much of a beast to tow from VA to the Keys or Outer Banks on occasion?? Anyone know what the real world towing weight of the CC25 and trailer is?? What exactly does the 8500 advertised weight represent???

Thanks Guys!

I just picked up my trailer about a month ago and took the whole rig up to a truck stop with CAT scales. I disconnected the trailer from the truck to get the weight. The boat and trailer (galvanized/tandem/8" frame) was 10,780 lbs. This was with both fuel tanks on the boat reading 1/4, empty water tank, and probably 200 lbs of fishing gear. I've been meaning to weigh just the trailer to be able to subtract it off that other number and get the real weight of the boat. FWIW, I tow with an '05 F350 diesel getting around 10.5 mpg towing the boat.
    --Mike
    2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
    Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
    ocimaya.org

Comment

Thanks for the response Mike. That's just the info I needed. I found another forum where someones' boat/trailer rig fully loaded with fuel was about 11,300. Looks like I need a bigger truck! Wish those knuckleheads at GM would put the Duramax in the Suburban!

Comment

Towing CC25

I plan on borrowing a friend's Excursion (Diesel power) to tow my CC25 home for the Winder months. On the Ford website, the tow rating for this vehicle is 11,000 pounds. I plan on towing the boat from Morehead City, NC to Wilson, NC. Does anyone think I'll have a problem with this?

Comment

I tow mine with an 04 Dodge 2500 diesel. I believe it is rated for 16,500 lbs towing. I purchased the boat in Connecticut and towed it down to Va with no problems.

Comment

towing 25

Short trips use my Dodge 2500 (gas). Have about 100K miles, so I do have difficulty up bridges and accelerating onto highways.
            Have used neighbors newer Excursion and it works fine.

johnd

Comment

Working...
            X