X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurement please?

In the head of a pre 2002 28':

Within the head:

How much height is there between the counter and the cabinets?

Can I squeeze a couple 11" Plano frames and 4 pack of plano boxes into that dead space?

I Have A Similar Question. I Was At The Vb Boat Show This Weekend And Noticed On The New 25' That There Were Hatches Just In Front Of The Captains Chairs On The Sides. Can I Add These Same Hatches To My 94 Cc25. Every Bit Of Space Helps.thanks

Comment

I'll measure that for you today. I'll be goin out this morning groundfishing.
      Ethan D.
      "Fissues 2"
      Volvo D6-330's
      Marblehead, MA

Comment

Fishing on the north shore in Jan/air temp ~25

your more hardcore than ! am!

Comment

Mr. B Man,
          On my 02' Total length of thr counter is 48". The open space from counter to medicine cabinet varies from only 6" high aft above the head to 8" at the sink/forward. Leaving you the 24" width above the head, where it is not encumberd by the sink, it goes from 6"aft to 7"foward in height and 10" minimum depth/aft to 7" deep at mid section or 24' foward of the aft most bulkhead. If you read this correctly your usable space is 24'Long x7" deep x6" high. Don't forget that the depth is minimum so that the boxes will not project past the upper medicine cabinet vertical plane, so it looks good too. You could possibly use deeper boxes if you don't mind them sticking out.
          BTW, Eastside Stellwagen FAC today and plenty o' cod, haddock an pollock.
          Best Fishes,
          Ethan D.
          "Fissues 2"
          Volvo D6-330's
          Marblehead, MA

Comment

Oh well; back to the drawing board

I've had these 2 11"/4 slot Plano chassis's forever and was hoping I could squeeze them in there. All my spare engine parts already take up the medicine cabinet and sink spaces; was hoping to turn the counter into 2ndary tackle storage.

Out of curiousity what do you do to protect a boat up here against the 5 degree air temp/freeze risk? Dock power and an engine room heater?

Do you have to worry about water freezing in the engine throughhulls?

Comment

I keep the boat at Pickering Wharf in Salem and she is equiped with engine rm and cabin heaters. Just installed my second buss heater also, It's hot underway. I have always kept my boats in the water year round and never had a problem execpt for picking ice off my reels. It seems to form around 5 degrees, then I know its time to head in. If it ain't broke don't take it out. What a blast it is with no crowds, no speed limits in the harbors and the fishing has been phenominal.
              Ethan D.
              "Fissues 2"
              Volvo D6-330's
              Marblehead, MA

Comment

Working...
              X