Transom Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom Doors

Does anyone know the explanation for why the 28 has never been offered with a transom door option? I would imagine that is one of the most requested but unavailable options given that virtually all of the boats are used for fishing.

I got a note from our local dealer this month and he mentioned that the transom door is an option on the 28 now.
    --Mike
    2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
    Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
    ocimaya.org

Comment

Wow, thanks, I've got to pin that down with my dealer as my new boat is just getting started at the factory. I sure hope it is true since the lack of the transom door is one of the few missing important features on the boat.

Comment

Part of the email I got:

"...New for the 2008 model year Carolina Classic is now offering underwater exhaust rather than exhaust out the sides. We have run one boat with this setup and it does appear to be noticeably quieter.

Carolina is also now offering a transom door on the 28. This is important to some people – I don’t think I’d want it, but it is now available.

There are also some new Pompanette seats available that are VERY comfortable – while maintaining the rugged functionality that Carolina Classic demands...."

It should be noted that we're on freshwater here so he didn't see a need for the transom door to land fish. The underwater exhaust and new seats sound interesting. I'll probably be going down to the Cleveland boat show in a couple weeks to see some of this.

Without going back and reading a bunch of threads, what motors did you select?
        --Mike
        2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
        Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
        ocimaya.org

Comment

Working...
        X