Ez2cy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ez2cy

I'm thinking about putting an EZ2CY front and side enclosure on my 25. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Ez2cy

We have EZ2CY on the front of our 28 for the past 5 years. It was one of the best improvements we have ever made, it still looks like it was just installed. The installer told me it was clearer than glass and he was right, it looks like there is nothing there. We take very good care of it and it really pays off. We have stratoglass on the sides which was installed at the same time (economical reasons) which does not hold up near as well. Would do it again in a heartbeat. CapeMay,N,J,
    WELL DONE - Henry
    2006 CC 28
    Home Port - Cape May, NJ

Comment

I looked into this for the new 28 I have on order. The consensus from the canvas people is that EZ2CY is only suitable for sections that are more or less permanently installed such as the forward panel above the windshield.
      It is too stiff to be rolled up easily for the side or aft curtains and will get damaged from repeated installation and removal. Genuine Strataglass is flexible and more suited to the sections that get rolled up -- but make sure it is the real thing which is much clearer, resists yelowing, and is more scratch-resistant than typical standard cheaper vinyls such as is used on the stock factory curtains supplied on CC (and most manufacturers).

My new curtains will be EZ2CY forward and Strataglass everywhere else.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, fellas. Any general price range I might be looking at for EZ front panels and Strato sides?

Comment

Not cheap that's for sure. For a 28, based on what I found while considering have a custom top and canvas made locally, I would expect something like $3,000-$4,000. Probably somewhat less for a 25 but much of the cost is labor so it will be close in price. That is in New England where everything costs more. Supposedly the EZ2CY is a lot harder to fabricate than regular vinyl.

Comment

Oh Fred

my favorite boatyard did a 3 side Strataglass replacement 2 years back - estimate was ~4800 and it came in close to 7K; w roughly half of the overrun going to replacing the stock track w/ a better one.

Comment

Ez2cy

I dont know where you are located, I had the EZ2CY forward and strataglass on the sides only on our 28 five years ago. Work was done by Joe Costa (Costa Marine) Egg Harbor, N.J. and the price was $1800.00 back then. He did an excellent job, he also does most of the work for the new vikings and oceans.
              WELL DONE - Henry
              2006 CC 28
              Home Port - Cape May, NJ

Comment

Thanks Again

Thanks again for all the input. As we live on Long Island, this certainly seems like a good way to make the early and late parts of the season more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                X