water ingestion cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water ingestion cure?

Does anybody have experence with performance resources kit? Spoke with mr. kelly today regarding his water ingestion kit which sells for $1600. He states that his exhaust modification completely eliminates the water ingestion problems on volvo and other engines.

Give Mac or keith a call, I think the jury is still out on this "fix".
    NIGHTHAWK
    2001 CC 28
    Yanmar 300's

Comment

Information on Ingeston Kit

This web address has a bit of information on the performance resources kit.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...spx?NewsID=610

Comment

ingestion cure?

Please post any updates on the water ingestion cure from Carolanina Classic. Had to have a valve job done on my 7.4 2000 25' CC. Work including 1 riser and the valve job cost me $3600, done by 70 West Marina in Morehead City, N C. Boat now runs fine but feel like the problem will come back. Would like to have a better plan than I had the first time. Feel like the money would have been better spent toward the crusader engine. Love the boat but the 7.4 is not quite enough engine going out with 4 or 5 people plus have a large cooler on my swim platform. Thanks for any information.
        David J

Comment

water ingestion

Any more info on these problem's? What does a set of crusaders cost for replacement?

Comment

I was just thinking the other day about this. If you have a carbed engine I believe I would try doing a minor fogging of the engine just like winterizing it only maybe a little lighter. That would leave a light film of protectant on the valves to counteract the condensation that occurs after shutting down. Running the engine for a couple of minutes at around 2k RPM after docking or stopping will also dry out any moisture that has accumulated from minor ingestion.

I have a FI 8.1 Crusader that is always flushed with fresh water after use but I'm planning on placing a small threaded plug after the intake sensors to spray a small amount of fogging in. I don't know that it would be needed on a FWC Crusader but It can't hurt as all the condensation can't be eliminated even if the risers/manifolds are FWC as in the newer Crusaders. It's too much trouble to put a little oil in the fuel filter after trips as Crusader and most FI engine providers recommend for winterizing.

Comment

ingestion

Sure wish someone who has tried the cure mentioned above would share their findings. Hate to call Mac or Keith, know they are busy people. I,m saving my nickels and dimes for a crusader repower the next time my 7.4 volvo drinks water, know it's just a matter of time. Mine has less than 300 hours on it and I used the shut down procedure recommended and only let the engine idle when I had to. Does anyone know the lowest RPM engines can operate at safely?
              Thanks
              David J

Comment

Did your engine drink water or did you just start loosing compression due to rust on the valves caused by condensation in the manifolds? I don't know any way to stop the condensation 100% in the manifolds on your engine

If it was just the valves I would try a little fogging the engine when you dock. I have the later 8.1L FWC Crusader and still plan to do that this year.

Comment

water ingestion

To be honest I don't know so I emailed 70 West but did not get a yes or no answer to that question. Will take your advise a start fogging the engine at shut down.
                  Thanks
                  David J

Comment

Just a quick story.

When I was talking to Kieth at the AC boat show we were talking about the 25 and asking him about making some changes to update it. The water injestion issue came up and he gave me some insight about it and discussed the issue.

Back when they were having a lot of problems,they took a new volvo still on the crate from delivery and hooked a hose and ignition to it and ran it for awhile(still on the crate with no exhaust) and it injested water.
                    Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
                    2015 Enclosed Helm 35
                    Tom

Comment

Check this product its patented and was forwarded to me from a Albemarle owner http://www.p-res.net/products.html it could be beneficial giving them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by strrykerr View Post
                        Check this product its patented and was forwarded to me from a Albemarle owner http://www.p-res.net/products.html it could be beneficial giving them a call.
                        The way I read their warranty, it looks like they will replace the units if they fail within 2 years, but nothing about your motor(s).
                        http://www.p-res.net/documents/Warranty%201.pdf
                        --Mike
                        2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
                        Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
                        ocimaya.org

Comment

Working...
                        X