28CC Anchor Rode Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28CC Anchor Rode Length

Just pulled my chain/line combo off the boat for a cleaning and a Downy soak for the line. Measured the rode and was surprised to see it was only 150' (chain is a little over 21'). Is that the stock rode length on the 28 if ordered with a windlass? Sure looks like the locker could hold lots more.

I don't know how good a splice will go through the windlass and before buying 300' I need some feedback.

Thanks
    Mike
    NIGHTHAWK
    2001 CC 28
    Yanmar 300's

Originally posted by Patriot View Post
    Just pulled my chain/line combo off the boat for a cleaning and a Downy soak for the line. Measured the rode and was surprised to see it was only 150' (chain is a little over 21'). Is that the stock rode length on the 28 if ordered with a windlass? Sure looks like the locker could hold lots more.

I don't know how good a splice will go through the windlass and before buying 300' I need some feedback.

Thanks
    Mike
    HI Mike,
    I don't think the factory supplies the anchor and rode.
    I replaced mine with 600 ft of 5/8 line. There is room for more!
    Nick 2003 CC28 KAMD300
    "PUMPKIN"

Comment

I got 600 feet too, with 20 or 30 ft of chain.
      Jim B.
      FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
      Va. Beach

Comment

I have 1400 feet with 20 feet of chain.
        Bullish
        2002 28
        Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

I have 900' of 3/8" & 300' of 5/8" plus 25' of chain in the anchor locker. When I run to the canyons up here in the NE - I take another basket with another 900" of 3/8" and connect them via bronze J hooks.
          Capt. B

Now a 2014 28' Regulator
          Wall, NJ

Comment

2100 feet of anchol line . By the time that thing gets to the bottom, it's time to come home!
            "Addison Leigh"
            1995 Carolina Classic 28'
            Wrightsville Beach, NC

Comment

We pray for those nights when we can just drift - and don't need to anchor up.
              Capt. B

Now a 2014 28' Regulator
              Wall, NJ

Comment

Working...
              X