New Stereo Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stereo Help

I posted something on this 6 months ago but didn't get much of a response. Before calling Keith for his advice, has anyone switched out their stock Sony stereo for a new one? My stereo and dash remote worked properly for about a year. Now, the remote is completely useless and none of the buttons work on the unit itself. All that works is when I put in a cd....can't change volume, can't switch to radio, etc.

I am hoping to find any cd player/radio that I can swap in fairly easily. I was hoping to avoid running new wire and making a big project out of this so I'd love to hear from someone else that has done this. I would make a terrible electrician so any steps you could give would be appreciated.
    Bullish
    2002 28
    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

if it is a Sony, which I do believe it is, any Sony radio/CD will be just a swap out as they use the same rear connections. I changed my stereo in my 01 28 in 2005 for the same reasons.

Chris
    "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

It is a sony. Do you remember which model you put in that matched up to the existing plug-in.
      Bullish
      2002 28
      Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

It was the Sony CDX-F50M about $175-$200 I also changed the wired remote (with the RM-X55m)in which that wire needed to be replaced.

Good luck,

Chris
        "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Thank you. This will save me some aggervation.
          Bullish
          2002 28
          Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

stereo

I too ordered a new replacement, same model from sony got it from west marine and in 2 seconds swapped it out and sent the old one back to sony for a replacement at a discounted rate.
            Code Blue

Comment

Working...
            X