• Show
Clear All

• End Of Season

Sad, but snug for the winter

Attached Files
    NIGHTHAWK
    2001 CC 28
    Yanmar 300's

What did they charge you to shrinkwrap the boat like that. They did a nice job

Comment

Thanks, I actually did it myself. Started a shrink wrap service with a buddy in the late 80's. I got out 10 years ago but still wrap a few as I kept some equipment. $15 a foot seems to be a pretty common rate these days in New England. The 28 with just a hard top takes 26' wide wrap to get down below the waterline on each side midship. To be honest there is only about $60 in material in the whole job. If you are considering a shrink wrap job the most important thing is to wrap the boat when it is perfectly dry. You want ZERO water anywhere on the boat including the bilges. The water that is there stays there it just will continue to create a terrarium effect with weather changes and create mildew, mold and corrossion problems. Some believe that the vents you can install in the wrap helps, I don't and I have wrapped many hundreds of boats. If it's not dry when you wrap it you are going to have moisture problems. The problem for the average owner is that you can't control what day the boat gets wrapped. Marinas just put you on the list and the wrapper's come and knock them out. I have seen shrink wrappers wrap boats with snow in the cockpit! Last week I watched a 36 foot trawler get wrapped in a light drizzle....it's a shame.
      Last edited by Patriot; 11-20-2007, 05:56 PM.
      NIGHTHAWK
      2001 CC 28
      Yanmar 300's

Comment

Working...
      X