CC 28 6.0L T-375HP Crusaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC 28 6.0L T-375HP Crusaders

Thinking of purchasing a 2007 CC 28 with 6.0L T-375HP Crusaders. Seems like a solid boat. Does anyone have the performance specs for those engines as far as mpg, rpm's, gph, etc... Thanks and appreciate the help.

Data

39 knots at 5500 (WOT)
    28 knots at 3800 (Cruise)

Economy about 1 nmpg @ cruise
    Tres

http://www.virginiabeachboats.net
    http://www.specialtyproducts.net

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer. Do you have an estimate for GPH too?

Originally posted by Tswann View Post

39 knots at 5500 (WOT)
      28 knots at 3800 (Cruise)

Economy about 1 nmpg @ cruise

Comment

If I read this right it looks like 28 gph at 28 knot cruise.

Comment

I also should have asked, what are everyone's thoughts on these engines. Will the boat still hold its resale value with these engines? Thanks!

Comment

I'm just curious why you are considering Gas Engines over Diesel. Gas engines will DEFINATELY NOT help with resale value and you might want to check on the nautical mile range with gas as opposed to diesel. A lot more things can go wrong with gas, in my opinion. Diesel engines have a longer operating life as well.

This is my opinion and I don't want to offend any owners with gas as their choice, intead of diesel.
            Capt. Sak
            Armageddon
            '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

There are a lot of gas 28's on the great lakes. I suspect there are more gas 28s than diesels here. Typically, we don't need the range here as most of our fishing is done much closer to port than you saltwater guys. That said, we still love the platform the CC lineup provides and we're seeing more and more of them here on the freshwater seas.

A few more reasons folks here consider gas over diesel:
              Gasoline keeps fresher longer, no algea problems.
              Smell of diesel exhaust makes many people sick.
              We troll much slower on the lakes than you on the ocean, diesels like a load.

Little doubt that a diesel boat will retain larger percentage of its original value better than gas given the same care and condition.
              --Mike
              2004 Carolina Classic 25 - Little Dandy
              Volvo 8.1 DuoProp
              ocimaya.org

Comment

Make sure you research the range for where you fish!

Be careful to make sure you know the real range of this boat. If you fish more than 65 or 70 miles offshore with a heavy load, you may be pushing it with gas.
                Your resale value is not going to be nearly as high as with a diesel; however, your purchase price is not going to be nearly as high as purchasing the same boat with diesels either.
                It really depends on how you plan on using the boat, if you are trolling far offshore for bluewate fish diesel may be the way to go. If you don't need the range and don't mind paying a premium for gasoline, the crusader boat will likely be a great boat.

Comment

Keep going back and forth between the original boat I posted about and the Grady White 305. Know they are both different boats with one being outboard and the other inboard. But both offer their pluses and minuses. Carolina seems like it has more fishing space.

Comment

Do some riding in that Grady

I have a few neighbors with the same boat (grady). If you do a lot of fishing offshore and you go when it is rough, make sure you ride in that Grady before you make your purchase. I have gone fishing on the boat several times and I am not impressed, especially if it gets nasty out. However; if you plan to use the boat more for cruising then the Grady does offer more room and may be a better fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Dandy View Post
                      There are a lot of gas 28's on the great lakes. I suspect there are more gas 28s than diesels here. Typically, we don't need the range here as most of our fishing is done much closer to port than you saltwater guys. That said, we still love the platform the CC lineup provides and we're seeing more and more of them here on the freshwater seas.

A few more reasons folks here consider gas over diesel:
                      Gasoline keeps fresher longer, no algea problems.
                      Smell of diesel exhaust makes many people sick.
                      We troll much slower on the lakes than you on the ocean, diesels like a load.

Little doubt that a diesel boat will retain larger percentage of its original value better than gas given the same care and condition.
                      I have twin 7.4L Volvo gas engines and it's a great Salmon fishing platform on Lake Michigan. Rarely do I go out over 10 miles but I troll at 2.0 MPH on 1 engine all day. It sure handles the sloppy waves of the great Lakes like a champ and the cockpit space is perfect to run 12-14 lines trolling for Salmon. I love it.
                      28' CC with 7.4L Volvos

Jim/Grey Lion

Comment

Working...
                      X