Announcement

Collapse

Forum Fund Raiser Status

Hi All,
I appreciate that a number of folks have asked about contributing to a forum fundraiser to defer the licensing and operating costs. I will be posting something in a month or two with options for contributing. I took care of all the initial costs of out pocket for now to ensure we are covered in the transition. More to follow in the New Year.
thanks
Steve
See more
See less

26' Project. Perkins 250hp jackshafted to ??? Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26' Project. Perkins 250hp jackshafted to ??? Need help

Hello guys. I am new to this forum as well as to marine diesel engines for that matter. Well, i got refered here from other forums and they told me some of you guys have sort of the same setup am after.

Well, I have a 26' center console Proline that has a 10' beam. Its a project. Had twin 225hp Yamahas on a bracket. I sold the bracket and yamahas and bought me a Perkins Range4 M275ti .

My goal: Install the engine under the console. Have a jackshaft run from the engine to the outdrive. Now, everyone tells me this engine will destroy most bravo outdrives, so a friend told me to just go straight shaft.

Does anyone here have a similar setup? I need all the help and knowledge I can get my hands on. ANy help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

CC uses Volvo Penta sterndrives because they consider them more durable then the Merc's.
    CC Rider
    '94 Carolina Classic 25
    Volvo 7.4l carb, DP

Comment

Working...
    X