shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifters

I have an 04 28 with the volvo 300's diesels. I'm having a serious issue with the hydrolic shifts.My question is can I change my control system from hydrolic to electronic, what kind of money are we talking and is it a difficult thing to do. My engines are electronic.
    2004 28 VOLVO 300 DIESELS

When you have serious issues, what do you mean? Are you talking about your hydrolic steering or your throttles? If you have Volvo 300's, you must have an EDC throttle control. This should be electronic anyway. If it is a sterring question, have you checked the level of your steering fluid? Are your engines jackshaft or straight inboard? Do you have an autopilot installed with your steering? On a 28, you really don't need to go to electronic when it comes to steering....
    Capt. Sak
    Armageddon
    '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

I'm talking about my controls, I have electronic engines with hydrolic controls I'm thinking of switching to totally electric controls.The hydrolic fluid used in the hynautic controls is contaminated and my internal parts are pitted, I yet to speak with mac on this issue.
      2004 28 VOLVO 300 DIESELS

Comment

Yes, that sounds like a question Mac would help with ....
        Capt. Sak
        Armageddon
        '99 Carolina Classic 28

Twin Volvo Penta KAMD44P (260's)

Comment

Working...
        X