Announcement

Collapse

Forum Fund Raiser Status

Hi All,
I appreciate that a number of folks have asked about contributing to a forum fundraiser to defer the licensing and operating costs. I will be posting something in a month or two with options for contributing. I took care of all the initial costs of out pocket for now to ensure we are covered in the transition. More to follow in the New Year.
thanks
Steve
See more
See less

Height/depth figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height/depth figures

Mac:

Looking for some close to exact figures for the height of the 28 to

* waterline to top of hardtop
    * waterline to top of steering wheel on the upper station

with the boat full of fuel.

My marina is egregious about hurricane hauling and starts early/charges 15$/foot - its a September money maker for them.

In any event I have a mooring for my Mako up a 4' deep pond which is guarded by a bridge with 10' 8" clearance at high tide. We have about a foot of tide up here so I get an easy 11' at low tide.

I'm thinking that if I take the buggy top off and time my entry/egress to the pond to low tide I can sneak under the bridge and have a pretty good hurricane hole.

There's a place here that sells railcar wheels with a chain as storm anchors; I believe they are either 750 or 1000 pounds. Paired with appropriate chain and a 1" pennant I figure I'll be safer in the pond than on the hardstand in a marina jammed in with 100 other boats.
Working...
X