Real numbers with 32 and 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real numbers with 32 and 35

I try to keep up and would assume this has been discussed, but for you 32 and 35 owners out there, what are your real numbers as far as cruise, top, and fuel burn. Also if you have the numbers, what is the burn at slow troll, or on one motor. In the great lakes, we troll 2-3 mph most times and often only run one motor on a twin boat. Wondering how the common rail deisels perform at those types of speeds. Trolling valves or trolling bags would likely be needed. There are two 32' boats at a dealer in ohio and they are growing on me. Definately less money than the 35 and they seem to be comparable in size. correct me if I am wrong.
    I need to set my sites on one or the other, I am a few years out from buying and will be buying used, so I need to get familiar with today's boats that will be on the market in a few years
    SALMONHEAD
    Great Lakes
    www.salmonheadcharters.com
    2000 25

As far as trolling the commonrails have a slow idle feature that drops the rpm's down to 550 from 600.(at least on the cummins). With the 380s I can get down to 3-4 kts depending on wind and current on 1 engine. Burn is about 1.5 gal per hr. Actually I think less.

Cruise for me loaded is 25 kts with a total burn of 30-32 gph. I think the 425s might be slightly better.

There is not much difference in size. Bigger cabin on the 35 and slightly larger helm deck but the cockpit is just about the same at 4" wider on the 35.
    Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
    2015 Enclosed Helm 35
    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,
      I am looking around and 32-36' boats and starting the think the relative economy of the 32 vs the 8.3 blocks of the 35 might be the way to go for me in the future.
      Anyone want to trade fishing trips? I run a charter business on Lake Michigan but would love to get some Tuna or something, and at the same time get out on a larger CC.
      if anyone has any desire, check out www.salmonheadcharters.com and see if our puny little salmon would turn your crank?
      SALMONHEAD
      Great Lakes
      2000 25

Comment

32 & 35 Performance numbers

If you search under my user name you will find a few posts of mine that detail the data you are after . . . If you want more details feel free to post back, email or call . . .
        Tres

http://www.virginiabeachboats.net
        http://www.specialtyproducts.net

Comment

Thanks Tswann, I looked that up and found what I am looking for. Did is see on here or another site where someone was getting .6 at cruise with the 450's? Either way, its a good reference for us dreamers.
          Would still like to trade some days fishing with someone sometime to actually see them in action.
          SALMONHEAD
          Great Lakes
          2000 25

Comment

Article on CC 35

Here is a link of an article on the CC 35' the 3rd or 4th page you will find a chart for fuel economy.

http://powerandmotoryacht.com/boat-t...202carolina35/
            Last edited by Jobsite; 04-09-2007, 08:33 PM.
            "A Fine is a tax for doing wrong, A Tax is a fine for doing well"
            2006 35'CC twin 540

Comment

is it me or do those numbers seem a bit optamistic?
              SALMONHEAD
              Great Lakes
              2000 25

Comment

yup

I agree - everything I seem to glean from the real world here says a 32 is .75 to .85 nmiles/gallon and a 35 is .66 to .75 nmiles/gallon.

I think we all agree that a 28 is 1.1 to 1.3 nmiles/gallon real world being full fuel; 4 guys; 300# ice and a ton of tackle...

Comment

Working...
                X