winslow raft recertification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winslow raft recertification

Just got a call that my winslow 3 year recert was done.$900.00. Does that sound right? When I called they said it would be roughly $375.00. I have a winslow coastal 6 person valise vacuum sealed. Just curios if anyone else paid that much.
    28 Carolina Classic 2003 (sold)
    18 Cobia 2001
    Perry

$650-675 last year without vacuum seal, sounds right, though a bit expensive. A local guy is now certified to do Winslow rafts so you can save some $$ on shipping not having to ship down to Florida. I believe they pick up at West Marine, you can call Winslow and they will give you there info for the next time.

Chris
    "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I took it to west marine toms river.
      18 Cobia 2001
      Perry

Comment

Wow, Then that sound high! I think my shipping charges were about $100-125 to send it to Winslow and the raft was 3 yr old so it needed some items replaced. I thought when I spoke to Winslow the Vac seal was an extra $250-300. I would give a call down to Winslow to verify the charges.

Chris
        "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Sounds high

I paid 1K total for repacking a 4 person Plastimo and replacing an EPIRB battery to LRSE last winter. I seem to recall the EPIRB battery/recert was in the 350-400$ range, meaning the life raft repack was 600$.

Comment

I paid $250 for the battery on my Pain Wessex last year, but the $900 seems a little high. I'm going to make a few phone calls on monday. I don't mind paying but I dont want to be ripped off.
            18 Cobia 2001
            Perry

Comment

Who did the battery replacement in your Pain Wessex?

Comment

mts electronics cape may NJ.609- 624-2033 Do it early.It took me a long time to get it back.
                18 Cobia 2001
                Perry

Comment

I have a Switlik 4 person inshore raft in the valise...not as sofisticated as some of these larger offshore which I'm sure are more expensive. I dropped it off and picked it up last Spring to avoid the shipping charges at a place in Seacaucus, NJ. They serviced the raft for $300. If anyone is interested, you can find them on the internet.
                  Bullish
                  2002 28
                  Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

I spoke to them about my Revere and was quoted a similar price. Just a long haul from South Jersey. Has anyone ever used Vane Brothers in Phily?

Comment

Working...
                    X