Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the best deal on parts in Va Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the best deal on parts in Va Beach?

I live in Virginia Beach and want to stock up on some parts. I have Cummins 6bta and a westerbeke genset. I know about Cummins Atlantic, just wondering if there are places to get stuff like belts, filters, hoses and such at a better price and not as long a drive. Does NAPA carry stuff and will they order stuff for you?
    Jim B.
    FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
    Va. Beach

I also have a 28 with 330's 6bta and I order all my filters and parts from Tony
    at SEABOARD MARINE prices are decent and they really know there cummins
    engines and parts, my boat is also in VA BEACH. If you have any questions
    let me know.
    2000 CAROLINA CLASSIC 28 330 CUMMINS

Comment

Thanks finhunter, I went to their website. I read the tips on aftercooler maintenance, now I just found something else to do. Have you disassembled and cleaned/lubed your aftercooolers and if so how difficult was it. The pics make it look relatively simple.
      Jim B.
      FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
      Va. Beach

Comment

NUTZ, I havent done my aftercoolers yet I am going to fish next weekend
        and then pull the aftercoolers apart. I have never done it before but am a
        mechanic by trade so it should'nt be to bad. If you have not updated your
        raw water pumps thats something to consider the original sherwood impellers
        are junk. Tony has a updated version. How many hours are on your 330's?
        2000 CAROLINA CLASSIC 28 330 CUMMINS

Comment

I bought it with 250hrs, and have since added about 60. I am relatively sure that the impellers are original equipment. I am planning on changing those when it warms up some. The belts look ok but I wanted to get new ones on as well as have a spare or two in case I throw one offshore. As soon as I got the boat home I changed all filters, fluids(engine & trannys), and replaced all zincs. I got a spare set of props with the boat and am going to get those to Murphys to get them tuned (the previous owner had a guy hand tune them and screwed them up). I plan on hauling in a month or two to repaint the bottom and will swap propellers. I just finished adding a high water alarm and installed a hard wired CO detector in the cabin. I am going to call Western Branch Diesel to see if they carry the parts kits for the westerbeke gen. Thanks again for the info.
          Jim B.
          FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
          Va. Beach

Comment

High Water Alarm

I hear alot of discussion about a high water alarm does anyone know what this entails to do? and what this is exactly? I have a 2004 28' carolina classic with Volvo D6 engines.

Thanks for your replys.
            Capt. Bobby G.
            Fin-Addict
            Capt. Bobby G.

Comment

Taking apart and cleaning the aftercoolers is pretty basic maintenance. I do it at least once a year. Make sure you order the gaskets from Tony or get them from cummins. They are expensive, I would not recommend reusing them though. If you follow Tony's instructions on how to clean it will be pretty easy.

I also put a highwater alarm on my 28. Mine's bascially a siren wired to 2 float switches, one in the bilde in the engine compartment, and one in the aft bildge. and the siren is mounted near the helm. You can get them from any marine store. I'm sure there are many different kinds but like I said mine is just a siren wired to float switches.

Nick
              2001 28

Comment

High water alarm

I purchased the rule alarm, it comes with a dash mounted alarm/light and a float switch.
                Jim B.
                FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
                Va. Beach

Comment

That's the one I got.

Comment

Working...
                  X