Like fishin Baja lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like fishin Baja lately

It's been incredibly warm, humid and calm out here lately. Water temps up to 80 and lots of Spanish speaking Dorado 10 - 15 miles from our Harbor. These pics were taken yesterday evening on the way home. I love the view from my tower.
    Attached Files
    Steve on Reel Screamer
    2004 Carolina Classic 28

Fishing

Steve, Are you guys fishing just offshore of San Diego? How is the boat doing this season? Our season in GA has wound down for Dolphin and Wahoo etc. Plenty of Kingfish around but the water is 85 degrees and up. Barry
    2001 28\' 230 Volvo Diesels

Comment

Barry:

We fish offshore from San Diego - usually in waters of Northern Mexico. Banks we fish range from say 10 to 80 miles from Point Loma (our harbor entrance). Not much tuna action in range for us yet this year. Seiners seem to have wiped them out. The yellowtail/Dorado bite that's going on now is fairly nearshore, say 10 - 20 miles out. Lots of warm water around right now (74 - 79 F). Hopefully we have another 2.5 months left in our season.

I've been real happy with my boat. Keith is there to answer every question I think of.

I've got about 400 hrs on my engines now. I had a couple pesky problems earlier this season. One was with a trans coupler issue that led to a trans replacement. Also found a gasket leak on an exhaust manifold so I had that repaired too. Other than that, no complaints. Extended warranties helped with the trans repair (about 50% of the costs were covered) - but repair time/work was a hassle. Gasket repair was on me. Our boats are solid. Our engines and gear boxes are the areas to watch.
      Steve on Reel Screamer
      2004 Carolina Classic 28

Comment

Working...
      X