Anyone Out Sharking In Nj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Out Sharking In Nj

Has anyone been out sharking in NJ yet thinking of making a run out next week.

Just waiting for a weather break. Wanted to go this week but the wind just won't quit. Sat and Sun are looking good so far so might do a Long trip to the deep. A little bit of everything. Shark, tile,tuna, sword. I just need to get out.

Chris, want to go deep?
    Life is to short for an ugly boat

sigpic
    2015 Enclosed Helm 35
    Tom

Comment

NE corner of the dump last Saturday

broken temp guage but I heard the water was 62 degrees.

2 blue dogs; a bunch of bluefish on the kite bait and a basking shark came by to visit. Flat calm and warm - gorgeous day to be on the water.

Comment

Tom, Bay Shore Mako Tourney

is my plan for Saturday. It seems as if my only shot at a quality fish is deep so that is where I am headed!! I fished Saturday, 6/17 @ the 25 fathom fingers SE of FI inlet, only one blue dog @ 100 lbs and all of the dogfish you want. Everyone inshore was bitching about the hords of dogfish. It seems as if the canyon is 6 weeks ahead of schedule and inshore is about 2 weeks behind with the water temps being only from 60 on the cold side to 63.5 on the warm side. Hopefully my long run this weekend will pay off.

Regards,

Chris

P.S. If you have any good mako or thresher spots for me your way I'd be willing to run down your way rather than going deep. Give me a shout.
        "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Comment

Glory hole

A freind went out to the Glory hole the other day and caught a bunch of blue sharks, and 2 little makos he said the water was about 63 hopefully they will be out this weekend for mako mania.

Comment

Looks like the weather just went to s--t. I don't think anyone is going deep on saturday. At least i'm not. Not ready to get beat up just yet. I think I will pass on the short run also. There must be 10 shark tournaments this weekend. Gonna be a mob scene out there.

sigpic
            2015 Enclosed Helm 35
            Tom

Comment

Fisherman Supply

I was down at fisherman Supply, in Pt Pleasant today and it looked like a mad house people were lining up to buy bait and shark rigs looks like it is going to buy a crazy weekend and the weather will not help, Hopefully I will have a good shark report on my next forum visit. Tight Lines !

Comment

It looks like a rough outing for any of you in the Mako Mania tournament...(I think the tournament is today or tomorrow). I will be going out of Barnegat Inlet, NJ to try my first shark trip July 1 or 2 (weather depending). Please let me know if any of you have luck off of NJ over the next week. Water temps offshore would be appreciated. I will certainly post a report and share my results after my trip. Thank you, Bullish.
                Bullish
                2002 28
                Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Bullish

Wher do you keep your boat. Mine is by the 37 bridge in Toms River and I run out of Barnegat all the time. Maybe we can talk out there one day. I occasionally hook up with CClassic28 out at the Hudson. He is out of Long Island.

sigpic
                  2015 Enclosed Helm 35
                  Tom

Comment

Split Decision,

Sounds like a plan. I keep my boat in Waretown directly across Barnegat Bay from the Lighthouse. I plan on running for shark July 1 or 2 and on July 8 or 9 so keep those dates in mind if you plan on being out. I'm breaking in some new fisherman so I will probably only run 35-40 miles to the Fingers...I'd like to give them some small action, even if it is only smaller blue dogs and hopefully a mako mixed in. Unfortunately with my work schedule, I am usually a weekend warrior reaching the canyon 3-4 times per year. Let me know if you are going out next weekend.

I replied to your add for the rod holders. Check it out and let me know.
                    Bullish
                    2002 28
                    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Mako Mania

I went out yesterday 6/24 to the fingers caught 2 makos and a bunch of bluefish the seas were a bit rough but we did not get no rain. One mako was about 5 ft and the other was smaller. We did not win the tournament but there is allways next year.

Comment

Reel Addiction

You keep you boat by the hook don't you?

That is a long run to the fingers.

sigpic
                        2015 Enclosed Helm 35
                        Tom

Comment

The Fingers

I leave my boat down on the Hudson River near Liberty State Park I did not fish on my boat for the tornament I fished on my freinds 42 Henriques but I have been to the Finger on my boat from Jersey City i usually run to PT Pleasant to fuel up. Hopefully I will make a run this weekend .

Comment

Reel Addiction,

Thanks for the information...I did not hear you mention dogfish, which I take as a good sign. Hopefully, they have moved on for the Summer.
                            Bullish
                            2002 28
                            Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X