Offshore New Jersey 5/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore New Jersey 5/12

There was a report earlier in the week of a sportfishing boat called the Pez Machine that landed three bluefin (42-48 inches) on the troll about 115 miles off New Jersey. I believe they were east of the lindenkohl. They found temperature breaks to 63 degrees.

That same piece of water seems to have moved just south of the Toms and I am considering a day run tomorrow. Offshore forecast is 1-2 foot with light winds. Was anyone else thinking about it?

If I decide not to go to the canyon, I'll be trying a couple of wrecks 30-40 miles out for cod. Either way, I'm taking advantage of this forecast.
    Bullish
    2002 28
    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Went to Reasor wreck yesterday hoping for some cod. Dogfish everywhere without much else. Came inshore to another wreck and got 4 nice size sea bass for the grill last night. Absolutely perfect day on the water with 1 foot seas. Put 80 miles on the boat yesterday and she ran perfect. Ready for the offshore season to start.
    Bullish
    2002 28
    Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Also meant to metnion that I saw a nice striper at the gas dock. He mentioned that he caught it off Seaside, NJ on an umbrella rig....it was work to get through the bluefish.
      Bullish
      2002 28
      Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report they fish should be here soon!

Comment

Working...
        X