Furuno Navnet VX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furuno Navnet VX2

are the machines that we decided on. 2 -10" screens @ helm, 1-10" screen in the tower. 4' 12KW radar, 3kw black box sounder, GP 32 backup GPS,& RD30 temp/ depth/ speed @ helm . 2-504 Icom radios, 16' Digital Antennas, AP26 Autopilot, ACR100 spotlight... I'm psyched, now I just need the boat down my way to rig it!!

Chris
    "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

Can you get the satalite weather with that set up

Comment

Yes,

Furuno is coming out with Sirius weather in the spring which I will add later on.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I am looking at the AP16 or AP26 autopilot. Any reason why you choose the AP 26?

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

I had the last generation of the AP26 (I believe it was the AP22)on my 28 and liked the rotary knob for course adjustments, so I guess I'm just a creature of habit. Either AP, the 16 or 26 are really great units you will not go wrong either way.

Good Luck,
          Chris

Comment

Does anyone have the NavNet 12" black box unit in the 35' helm? Trying to determine if it can fit with my other units and wondering if others have any input on this. Think it would be tight, but would like to see if anyone has any first hand experience with configurations that could work. Thanks!

Rick
            Rick

"Calypso" - Montauk

Comment

I purchased and installed the AP16 and love it. I was unaware of the option for a gyro stabilized compass and wish I had known as my AP tends to wander a bit in rough seas, otherwise it works great.
              Jim B.
              FLY'N FISH 35 Classic
              Va. Beach

Comment

furuno vx2

[QUOTE=CClassic28;5260]are the machines that we decided on. 2 -10" screens @ helm, 1-10" screen in the tower. 4' 12KW radar, 3kw black box sounder, GP 32 backup GPS,& RD30 temp/ depth/ speed @ helm . 2-504 Icom radios, 16' Digital Antennas, AP26 Autopilot, ACR100 spotlight... I'm psyched, now I just need the boat down my way to rig it!!

Chris[/QUOTE CHRIS I TALKED WITH DOUG LAYTON TODAY RE: INSTALLATION FOR FURUNO VX2 ,, HE TOLD ME THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR TWO 10 INCH SCREENS FOR A 32 DASH ... HE SAID YOU COULD BUT THERE WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH ROOM FOR VHS AND RD 30 TO FIT CORRECTLY,,, IN YOUR COMMENTS IT APPEARS YOU HAVE ALREADY GIVEN THIS INSTALLATION SOME SERIOUS THOUGHT ,,, COULD YOU SHARE WITH US HOW YOU WILL DO YOUR INSTALL AND HAVE ALL THAT YOU NEED ON YOUR HELM DASH FOR YOUR NEW 32 CC ,,,THANKS CHUCKABEAR

Comment

Working...
                X