Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone put a Raymarine e80 in a 25 helm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone put a Raymarine e80 in a 25 helm?

I'm thinking about upgrading. Has anyone done Ray E or C80 flushmount on a 25? Looks to be a tight fit, was wondering it works.

I installed a C-120 on my CC 25. I made a mounting frame to tilt it up some and to clear the dash underneath.
    As you can see I moved the interment gages to one side to make room.
    I also made the unit so it can be removed with ease and stored at home.
    Attached Files

Comment

Tweir Very nice clean job. What did you make the base out of? Charlie
      2004 Carolina Classic 25, Volvo KAMD 300 diesel...."SHARKTALES"

Comment

Sharktales
        I used 3/8" black acrilic plasitc. The base stays attached to the C-120 when removed from the dash.
        terry

Comment

Where did you buy the acrilic plastic from? Again very nice job. Charlie

Comment

sharktales
            I bought the plastic at Tap Plastics. Not sure if they have any in your area, I live on the west coast in Portland Oregon area. The plastic can be worked with most wood working tools. I cut the pieces to the shape I needed, glued them together, rounded the edges and than fine wet sanded to remove the gloss finish as I liked the mat look better. Here is the link to Tap Plastics.

http://www.tapplastics.com/

Here is a pic of the frame in process.
            Attached Files

Comment

I flush mounted a Garmin 3206 up in the L/H electronic box which fit very nicely but a little hard to read underway. I really love Garmins Blue charts but I also want to install a larger unit either Furuno VX2 or the Raymarine E or C series with radar. This will give me a back-up system. How do you like the Raymarine? Any problems? Thanks Charlie

Comment

I have only run the C- series for one season and so far I am very pleased with it and have had no problems. The screen is awesome

I had a Raymarine Pathfinder on my other boat for several years and loved it.

I have the DMS 300 hooked up to it with a transom mounted transducer and I am not to happy with the transducer setup. I was watching your thread on the Airmars M260 in hopes that it may be the way to go.
                It works “ok” for what I need. Most of my fishing is off shore for Halibut or for Tuna.
                Most Halibut fishing is in about 500 feet of water, some times I can get a reading but most times it will not show much.

Comment

Nice job

As much as I'd like to have the larger screen, I'm looking to take out the Loran thats dash mounted and stick in an E80. I've got a garmin dash mounted, and will keep that one as a back up.

Nice work on the 120.

Comment

I am in the process of installing a C-70 series in my helm,(starboard, upper panel) I took out the original Garmin and built a Starboard frame to enlarge the area. I am now going to enlarge the hole to fit the new unit. I am then going to build a cover for the top because I think the new unit will pop out the top of the dash.
                    I haven't started cutting yet, a little scared, I will send pictures during the process. Wish me luck...

Jim
                    Crawdaddy

Comment

Working...
                    X