5/13 rigging update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/13 rigging update

5 weeks into rigging, I'm getting anxious. The 3 AC spreader lights are mounted. The center light needed some customizing. The existing DC lights were removed, I fabricated a 1/2" starboard panel to cover the old holes, mounted the AC light on center & spread the DC lights apart on either side.

The 2 additional underwater lights are installed & all 4 are wired in the bilge, not yet wired back at the panel. All are now barrier coated & ready for bottom paint.

The smart sensor transducer has been wired & installed. (in between the 2 underwater lights)

The ACR spotlight has been mounted on a custom fabricated & powdercoated bracket, horn mount modified to clear the spotlight bracket. The Navpod & stantions have been installed in the tower, just waiting for the anodized tips for the stantions. The antenna standoffs are installed on 1/4" flat stock I had welded on the tower.

Lastly, today Tony sanded the bottom smooth to accept a fresh coat of bottom paint, hopefully this week... should be floating soon.
    Attached Files
    "Pelagic" 2006 Classic 32

When you move up to a 35

I'm first in line. Nice conceptualization on how to set the boat up and even nicer work.

Comment

Looks good Chris! What kind of spreader lights are you using?
      Rick

"Calypso" - Montauk

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really try to think every decision through and do it right...once.

Rick, I am using lights from a local emergency & fire truck outfitter. They are made here in Nesconset, the company is called Fire Research. The light facing aft is about 15" wide, 3.5" high & about 5" deep and is 1000 watts. The 2 facing sideways are 11.5" wide, 3.5" high & 5" deep and are capable of 500 watts, but I have 300 watt bulbs in them.

Chris

Comment

Worked till 11pm last night, all is moving along nicely.

I picked up the teak dash panel from the finisher & installed it, looks real nice. I'll post a few pictures tomorrow, left the camera on the boat.

The AC accessory circuit panel is wired & reinstalled.

The underwater metals are painted with black Trilux. (strainers, UW lights, thru hulls...) Bottom is ready for a coat of paint now & after that, back in the water.

It's possible I may be fishing by Sunday, hope the weather holds this week.

Chris

Comment

Here is a picture of the dash installed without any electronics in it. I love it!

Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

nice work

that is a thing of beauty
              2001 28\' 230 Volvo Diesels

Comment

great job !!!

hey chris,, i should have hired you to do my 32,,lol ... looks primo. chuck.

Comment

Working...
                X