Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera

So three weeks ago we has a beautiful very large white marlin on for five minutes, he tail danced before heading towards the boat and shaking the hook out. You guessed it no pictures. So I am wondering about a mounted camera that be easily activated and capture the action. I started researching but lots out there. Anyone have a camera and routine they find works. Cher’s joe

I have a GoPro sitting in its mount on the backside of the upper helm bench seat. U can capture pretty good videos with it up there. I have a few backup batteries so I can leave the GoPro on & a lot of times we are trolling with the camera on so we can capture the bites on video.

Comment

Originally posted by tunabean View Post
      I have a GoPro sitting in its mount on the backside of the upper helm bench seat. U can capture pretty good videos with it up there. I have a few backup batteries so I can leave the GoPro on & a lot of times we are trolling with the camera on so we can capture the bites on video.
      Bought a go pro 7 silver, game on

Comment

I have one of the earlier models of the GoPro. I think it might be the third one. I've seen guys that do a really nice job of filming and editing their movies afterwards, but I'm not one of them. I've been selling software and analytical products to the financial services markets for 20 years. It seems I should be more technically capable to use the GoPro but not so. I find myself rereading the manual every Spring to remember all of the buttons and features and I still screw it up when on the water. Good luck - would like to hear how you make out with it.
        Bullish
        2002 28
        Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

I found it hard to even set up, not sure I am going to like it, getting my daughter to figure out for me

Comment

Originally posted by Ohanafun View Post
            I found it hard to even set up, not sure I am going to like it, getting my daughter to figure out for me
            Too bad there isn't a larger market for these personal cameras. Apple would make an easy to use version.
            Bullish
            2002 28
            Volvo Kamd 44p's

sigpic

Comment

Not sure how your using the GoPro, but it’s much simpler when utilizing the GoPro App on your IPhone.

Set up preferences within IPhone GoPro app and the camera follows them, ie change default settings.
              Since I use as video camera, set mine to open in video mode, set battery saving sleep modes, etc.
              Step Up
              2009 25 CC
              Yanmar

Comment

GO pro is pretty easy. Attach it to boat, turn it on, hit record. When done, hit the same button to stop recording.
                https://www.facebook.com/clegssportfishing/

Comment

Not sure what brand mine is but it works pretty good and was cheaper then a gopro. It has a remote with buttongnon it so you can either start and stop recorded and so you can take single snap shots when wanted. I keep it mounted up on the tower and it does a really good job.
                  03 28' KAMD300 Inboards
                  USCG 500 Ton Master
                  Master of Towing
                  https://neverenoughsportfishingllc.com
                  sigpic

Comment

i just got the sport version. Its very easy to operate and streams to your phone or tablet. works good in low light 430am runs
                    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.42.51 PM.jpg-499.00
                    1996 CC25
                    8.1 Volvo GXI
                    DPE-1.78
                    C5 props

Comment

you can use a Gopro but a couple of marine cameras such as the GC 100 can connect to the chartplotter to monitor areas as well, they might be a bit expensive like a couple of hundred bucks but they are worth it in the long run..

Comment

Working...
                      X